Not sure where to post this or if it is appropriate but here goes.
I am going down to Mobile AL to help with Katrina at a fema church. (I dont know all the details).
Leaving Sept 15 or so.
Some questions I have;
I know these are broad and vague questions...please just bare with me.
1. Is it legal (state,local or federal) to carry firearms with me and ammo?
2. HAs anyone been there and have any suggestions?
3. Are the stores stocked up in the Mobile AL area or should I stock up on food before I go?
4. Is fuel available in Mobile AL or should I stock up before I go?
Sorry for being so naive but I am not in the military and I dont work for the Government and I dont have any emergency volunteering experience(except 9/11 loading trucks of supplies for NYC)
This will give you an excellent overview of the situation (gas availability, safety, etc)
Thanks for the link...very helpful and thumbs up to that guy!!!
Things you can conclude after reading the referenced account
(1) Be VERY well armed
(2) Take lots of extra gas
(3) If you are in an area, and something "doesn't feel right" about it, get out of dodge. Trust your instincts.
(4) Watch you equipment and supplies like a hawk