Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:14:54 AM EDT
 Yesterday I had to make deliveries going from NE GA, to Birmingham, then on to Montgomery Alabama. From Montgomery I get on 85 to get back home. Getting close to Atlanta around 8pm it was starting to look like it was going to rain. With traffic still a little heavy, a young white man (not that it matters, I thought some of you might wonder), riding a Kawasaki Ninja proceeds to cut me off by cutting between the back of a big rig and myself. Him only wearing a T-shirt, I commented to my passenger that this is going to be funny seeing this ass having to ride through the rain.

Well a little while later we see him pulled over under an overpass putting on a leather jacket getting ready for the rain. A short while later he come flying by us, in heavy rain. About 1/2 mile down the road there is an accident on an exit ramp that is just being cleaned up with one cop still on the scene (they were pulled onto the shoulder). Ninja man apparently didn't notice this going on when he took the ramp and seemingly used a little too much brake on the exit ramp causing his bike to slide up the asphalt and him to slide through the grass. He seemed to be ok, since immediately afterwards he got up and threw his helmet on the ground, all of this about 50ft in front of a cop

BTW: I am sure he doesn't realize how lucky he is that he stopped and put that jacket on.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully BikeNinja learned a lesson about safe vehicle operations.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
He probably thinks he knows how to ride too.  

Shame, I feel for these kids.  Can't save thme from themselves though.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A short while later he come flying by us, in heavy rain.

You can tell new riders until your blue in the face about the dangers of riding right after it rains - explain in great detail that the oil dropped from cars sits in the top of every little nook and cranny in the road waiting for just a little water to push it up and out onto the surface of the road.  That the best thing to do when it starts raining is to simply pull over and wait 20 minutes, or go have a cold drink at the local stop and rob - but until they have their wheels go out from under them on their own - they just don't believe you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A short while later he come flying by us, in heavy rain.

You can tell new riders until your blue in the face about the dangers of riding right after it rains - explain in great detail that the oil dropped from cars sits in the top of every little nook and cranny in the road waiting for just a little water to push it up and out onto the surface of the road.  That the best thing to do when it starts raining is to simply pull over and wait 20 minutes, or go have a cold drink at the local stop and rob - but until they have their wheels go out from under them on their own - they just don't believe you.

I got caught in my first rain storm while riding the other weekend.   I was also just wearing a white t-shirt as it was 96 degrees out.  I was in town when the rain hit and came down hard.  The road got extremely slick, much worse than I expected.  The boots I was wearing have heavy tread but when I put them down to stop they just slid like I was on ice.  Definately an eye opener.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Oil? You guys should sample some coolant. Prestone is worse than oil for motorcycles. I hate it when people blow their radiators on the road.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if he actually got cited or would the cop have let him off just because of his stupidity. I am not really sure what he could have been cited for, maybe too fast for conditions?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#7]
This may explain why (in Tn anyway) insurance for "crotch rockets" approaches 3 grand a year.  

Dumbasses ruin it for everyone else.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:24:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Arizona is espeically bad for this because we go so long without rain sometimes.  This gives oil and coolant long, long periods to build up on the road and when it does rain, often it is jussst enough to put a nice, slick layer of oil and goop on the road.....even cars have a hell of a time stopping.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't think there would have been much coolant left on the ramp, considering the cars were already loaded on the rollback and the rain had been coming down for long enough to wash what was left away. The cars did not seem to be damaged enough to be leaking oil, probably coolant only. I would think that with the amount of rain the coolant would quickly wash away. I personally think he just over corrected because of the situation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
[the way of the gun] Karma is just justice without any witnesses.  I don't believe in justice. [/the way of the gun]

R.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
[the way of the gun] Karma is just justice without any witnesses.  I don't believe in justice. [/the way of the gun]

R.

BTW: I didn't see the accident occur, I may have not been too clear on that, only what happend a few seconds afterwards. He was going much faster than me you know
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hopefully BikeNinja learned a lesson about safe vehicle operations.

...pried the seat out of his ass and emptied the load there too.  

Those make for good barroom stories if ya survive though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top