Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 4:17:14 PM EDT
I thought I'd share this with you, because of the post about people being rude.

At work there are 3 elevators in the building.  One is a dual purpose as a freight elevator, and the day in question, movers were in the building moving around various office furniture.  One of them was out of service, so that left everybody in an 11 floor building using one elevator.  On my way back from lunch, there was kind of a line, so I queued up like everybody else.  Elevator arrives, and somebody in a suit walks past the entire line and pushes his way in,  before everybody else gets off even.  When he notices people looking at him, he just says "I have an interview!" and then proceeds to stare at the wall.

Anyway, I catch the next elevator up, and notice he's sitting in the lobby of our company waiting.  

I get my post-lunch beverage, head back to my office, and ring the receptionist to tell her my interview candidate can come in now.  

Karma, you've gotta love it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]

J
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Sort of like the medals sKerry threw away coming back to haunt him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If there were such a thing as karma than I should have won the 100 million dollar lottery years ago.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
It made my day.

Heck, it made my week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
So, how'd the interview go?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#7]
BAhAhahahhah. That IS Karma working overtime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top