Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2006 8:22:54 AM EDT
Kansas City Officer Shoots, Kills Man After Being Attacked
Story by thekansascitychannel.com

One man is dead and a police officer is on administrative leave after a fatal shooting near Linwood and Benton boulevards late Sunday night.

The officer was in his police cruiser headed east when his car was hit by something at about 10 p.m. Investigators said that the officer turned the car around and stopped. He got out and walked up to two men on the sidewalk. A police spokesman said that a short time later, the officer got on his police radio and said that he was hurt and had shot a man.

The man died at the scene. The officer was treated for injuries to his mouth and face. He is listed in stable condition.

Police said that they recovered a machete that one of the men had. Officers arrested the second man near the scene.

The shooting is under investigation.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't bring a machete to a gunfight!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice thread title.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
SWAT shot a guy holding his ex hostage in her kitchen here New Year's Morning after an all night standoff.  7.62mm's to the throat by tandem shooters.  Ouch.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Works for me...  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice thread title.

He's almost always facetious with his titles.  I find it funny when you read the real story.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
SWAT shot a guy holding his ex hostage in her kitchen here New Year's Morning after an all night standoff.  7.62mm's to the throat by tandem shooters.  Ouch.  

What a way to start end the New Year!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice thread title.

There is nothing factually incorrect about the title.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Year's was a winner in several ways.   Our first traffic fatality, (0020hrs)  Our first suicide, (0005hrs) Our first SWAT standoff (2200hrs 12/31 to the shoot at 0830 01/01)  No homicides as of mid shift last night. 4 dead from various natural causes.  The morgue cooler is full.

It's a good thing I bring my lunch.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Except it was a missouri cop.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice thread title.

As was posted... except that that location is in Missouri.  A common assumption that if it is Kansas City, it means it is in Kansas.

There is a Kansas City, Missouri and directly across the river is Kansas City, Kansas.

Kansas City, Missouri is the bigger of the two cities.  Kansas City, Kansas is really kinda small.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice thread title.

While that is true, the title is very misleading, but what should I expect from the JBT-haters in GD.
The title SHOULD read: Missouri Cop defends himself, bad guy dead
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

New Year's was a winner in several ways.   Our first traffic fatality, (0020hrs)  Our first suicide, (0005hrs) Our first SWAT standoff (2200hrs 12/31 to the shoot at 0830 01/01)  No homicides as of mid shift last night. 4 dead from various natural causes.  The morgue cooler is full.

It's a good thing I bring my lunch.  

I've always said that if you're going to be working, you may as well be busy.  Actually, time does always fly by faster.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
While that is true, the title is very misleading, but what should I expect from the JBT-haters in GD.
The title SHOULD read: Missouri Cop defends himself, bad guy dead

So what does it say about the state of law enforcment in this day and age when a police officer kills a man and people need to go out of the way to say he was just defending himself.

IMO that is the real problem, not the title of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice thread title.

As was posted... except that that location is in Missouri.  A common assumption that if it is Kansas City, it means it is in Kansas.

There is a Kansas City, Missouri and directly across the river is Kansas City, Kansas.

Kansas City, Missouri is the bigger of the two cities.  Kansas City, Kansas is really kinda small.

Just don't call KCK a suburb......they really hate that.  

Linwood & Benton?  Not exactly the best neighborhood.<understatement>
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

This was about a mile as the crow flies from my home.  Sucks to be him, but he shot his GF and was (I think) pistol-whipping her when they ventilated him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This was about a mile as the crow flies from my home.  Sucks to be him, but he shot his GF and was (I think) pistol-whipping her when they ventilated him.

You need to find a better neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top