Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 12/29/2019 9:09:30 PM EDT
UPDATE 2:  THREAD TITLE ALSO UPDATED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT WHAT TOOK PLACE
OFFICER LIED AND HAS RESIGNED!
https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Herington-Chief-There-is-a-whole-lot-more-to-the-story-566567641.html
https://www-1.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article238845398.html#
VIDEO OF CHIEF NEWS CONFERENCE: https://www.facebook.com/WIBWTV/videos/469372597103104/
HERINGTON, Kan. (WIBW) -- UPDATE: A Herington Police Officer is no longer employed after he "fabricated" a story that a McDonald's employee wrote an expletive on his coffee cup over the weekend.

Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday confirmed in a news conference that the officer resigned from his agency.
Hornaday said this is a "black-eye on the law enforcement community."
The officer confessed to making up the story after Chief investigated.
Hornaday applauded McDonald's for their investigation and thanked them for working with them on the issue.

The 23-year-old officer had been with the department for about two months and fabricated what happened “as a joke,” Hornaday said. An investigation by Hornaday and McDonald’s determined no restaurant employee wrote the statement.

Herington Chief says he's seen new video from McDonald's
https://www.wibw.com/content/news/Herington-Chief-There-is-a-whole-lot-more-to-the-story-566567641.html
HERINGTON, Kan. (WIBW) -- Herington Police Chief Brian Hornaday says he’s seen new video provided by the McDonald’s in Junction City, as he continued investigating an officer's claim that a McDonald's employee wrote an expletive on his coffee cup over the weekend.
"Based on what I saw this morning in meeting with the McDonald's representatives, we are looking further into this matter," Hornaday said.
McDonald’s Owner/Operator Dana Cook addressed the matter in a written statement saying, “My McDonald’s have the utmost respect for all members of law enforcement and the military and were troubled by the accusation made. We thoroughly reviewed our security video from every angle, which clearly shows the words were not written by one of our employees. We look forward to working with Chief Hornaday as he continues his investigation."
According to Hornaday, a Herington police officer told him he stopped at the McDonald's drive-thru at 1127 South Washington St. in Junction City around 6 a.m. Saturday. Hornaday says the officer was on his way to work, in uniform, but in his personal car.
The officer has only been with the department for two months, but spent five years as a military police officer in the Army, Hornaday said.
After picking up his coffee, the officer made his way back to the police department, and noticed the words "f***ing pig" written on the side of the cup.
Hornaday had posted on his personal Facebook page about the incident. The post is no longer public. It is not clear whether he deleted it entirely.
“My reaction based on the initial incident was just my reaction based on what I believe, and that’s a police officer who is sworn to protect, their integrity is of the highest order, and it would be foolish of any law enforcement agency or professional to not take the word of their police officer until they can be proven otherwise,” said Hornaday.

The Chief says he doesn’t see any reason to go back to McDonald’s for further information, adding both groups are working together to investigate.
“The only people that know exactly what has transpired are the people who are conducting the investigation, and those that are involved with it. It’s very important that patience is what we need to practice. I learned that as a police officer a very, very long time ago, that if you just be patient, everything will play out. Judgment is something that should be made at the end after all evidence and all facts have been gathered and presented.”
David Gilbert with the Geary County Sheriff Office sent an updated statement saying, “It is saddening to see this incident in our community no matter who wrote on the officer’s cup.” Gilbert continued, “WE will stand together as a community while the incident investigation is completed.”

ORIGINAL POST BELOW:

Outrage after Kansas McDonald's employee scrawls vulgar comment on Army veteran police officer's coffee cup
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7835467/Outrage-Kansas-McDonalds-employee-scrawls-f-king-pig-police-officers-coffee-cup.html
https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Expletive-written-on-police-officers-coffee-at-Junction-City-McDonalds-566542951.html

Cop was shocked to find 'f**king pig' scrawled across an order ticket Saturday
When he complained he was only offered a 'free lunch' by management
'A Big Mac and large fries doesn't make up for it,' police chief said on Facebook
He added about the unnamed cop: 'This police officer has never met the McDonald's employee'
Locals called for the employee to be fired and for McDonald's to publicly apologize

Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:11:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Hope he didn't drink that.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#2]
part of me is saying "things that didn't happen for 1000, Alex".
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s so discriminatory, they don’t know him yet they judge him solely by what he looks like. Terrible.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
yeah, it seems like these are almost always self-inflicted.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Respectfully have to disagree.  I have no doubt this actually took place. Highly doubt an officer from that PD would make it up.  McDonalds would have said something by now if it wasn't true.  Their silence speaks volumes...
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:13:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good call on not taking the free lunch, too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
T&P for the cop. Hope he comes out of this alright.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barista story at S Bucks was true and got fired for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, that McDonald's employee should be fired but the sob story gets a little old....that post hit all the feelz.

I am curious...as a public servant, if that officer has ever used uncouth language in his duties and if he did would the chief have nearly as much outrage?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#10]
All he was offered was a “free lunch” but that wasnt enough?  He want a blowjob to go with it?

They did him a favor telegraphing that they hate him.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yep, that McDonald's employee should be fired but the sob story gets a little old....that post hit all the feelz.

I am curious...as a public servant, if that officer has ever used uncouth language in his duties and if he did would the chief have nearly as much outrage?
View Quote
Like calling someone a fucking n word?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#12]
It should be recorded if the employee did it unless he took the receipt from the front area where the registers and coffee are and did it elsewhere and even then, it would show the employee leaving the station just after the time stamped receipt was printed.

Most work station and register areas are recorded continuously.

If someone [employee] did it, fire them, if the Officer did it, he should be fired as a proven liar isn't he best person to put on the stand.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Outrage after Kansas McDonald's employee scrawls vulgar comment on Army veteran police officer's coffee cup
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7835467/Outrage-Kansas-McDonalds-employee-scrawls-f-king-pig-police-officers-coffee-cup.html

'A Big Mac and large fries doesn't make up for it,' police chief said on Facebook
He added about the unnamed cop: 'This police officer has never met the McDonald's employee'
Locals called for the employee to be fired and for McDonald's to publicly apologize

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/29/22/22778286-7835467-image-a-3_1577658958709.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/29/22/22778284-7835467-image-a-4_1577658965141.jpg
View Quote

Not only is he trolling Facebook for hero attention, he shares an account with his wife.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#14]
FFS
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
So how would it go for an officer if he/she wrote "Fu*** loser" on a traffic citation as he handed it to a citizen?  I bet it would be his last ticket, especially in a town of only 2,300 people (Herrington, KS.)
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like calling someone a fucking n word?
View Quote
That's a sacred cow these days.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
No. These slurs against police tend to always turn out true. It’s when people blame white america for a hate symbol on a minority’s object that it always turns out false.

ETA: Looks like I was wrong. But, this doesn’t seem to be the norm.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So how would it go for an officer if he/she wrote "Fu*** loser" on a traffic citation as he handed it to a citizen?  I bet it would be his last ticket, especially in a town of only 2,300 people (Herrington, KS.)
View Quote
Maybe...would there be the muh feelz post from the chief for something like that?  I doubt it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#19]
It says, “Fucking pig” not “fucking army soldier pig.”  Somehow, seeing “Fucking pig” written on the side of the cop’s cop didn’t get enough outrage from test audiences so his relationship to a military organization had to be included in the post?

I’m outraged.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not only is he trolling Facebook for hero attention, he shares an account with his wife.
View Quote
The officer who received the special coffee cup didn't post about it, rather the chief did.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:20:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Both sides are gaming the system.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The officer who received the special coffee cup didn't post about it, rather the chief did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To understand that requires critical thinking skills.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:22:52 PM EDT
[#24]
At this point, and at this rate, any LEO still dumb enough to go to fast food places expecting anything less has got to be looking for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:23:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Respectfully have to disagree.  I have no doubt this actually took place. Highly doubt an officer from that PD would make it up.  McDonalds would have said something by now if it wasn't true.  Their silence speaks volumes...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How would McDonald’s know if it was true or not?  The only thing that could prove that would be in store video showing the guy not writing on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:24:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All he was offered was a “free lunch” but that wasnt enough?  He want a blowjob to go with it?

They did him a favor telegraphing that they hate him.
View Quote
Depends. Is it a free lunch at any McDonald’s or only at that location?  Cos if it has to be *there* I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t want it either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
At this point, and at this rate, any LEO still dumb enough to go to fast food places expecting anything less has got to be looking for it.
View Quote
I advised others to use the establishments app and order/prepay ahead.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#28]

Nothing says “OK boomer” quite like a shared Facebook page.  LOL
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya... who do you think I was talking about? It literally says "one of my officers" in his post.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Draw a line.   Color it in crayon.   Shove everyone on the other side.   Be offended when we don't all get along.  Profit????
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Where it happened is sort of the vibrant and diverse part of junction city.  I could believe it happened.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wonder how much spit, piss, phlegm, and jizz the average LEO consumes during their career.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How would McDonald’s know if it was true or not?  The only thing that could prove that would be in store video showing the guy not writing on it.
View Quote
I guarantee you they have cameras in McDonalds (including the meal prep areas) AND interviewed the employees.  Remember the person who claimed a Whole Foods grocery store wrote a anti gay slur on a cake?  The store had cameras and was able to see the slur was NOT on the cake when it went through the checkout area.  And they made it known the person was lying.  If I recall it was a SJW/PC store too and they still called out the lying customer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/05/16/gay-pastor-admits-he-faked-homophobic-slur-on-whole-foods-cake/
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd sure hate to think , I had a business where a cop wasnt welcome. Fuck
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:30:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I guarantee you they have cameras in McDonalds (including the meal prep areas) AND interviewed the employees.  Remember the person who claimed a grocery store wrote a anti gay slur on a cake?  The store had cameras and was able to see the slur was NOT on the cake when it went through the checkout area.  And they made it known the person was lying.  If I recall it was a SJW/PC store too and they still called out the lying customer.
View Quote
They are investigating themselves and these investigations take time. Sometimes weeks to months.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/29/22/22778286-7835467-image-a-3_1577658958709.jpg
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/29/22/22778284-7835467-image-a-4_1577658965141.jpg
View Quote
Cop should have went back, asked for the manager, then said, “For me, it’s the McRib...”
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
"It's for a cop."
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Frankly, I don't have a problem with the police gently pushing back against that to remind people it's not cool to be disrespectful to customers or cops.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wonder how much spit, piss, phlegm, and jizz the average LEO consumes during their career.
View Quote
smart LEOs know not to ever order food/drink in uniform unless they can watch it being made.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Cop should have went back, asked for the manager, then said, “For me, it’s the McRib McChicken...”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cop should have went back, asked for the manager, then said, “For me, it’s the McRib McChicken...”
FIFY
"Three for free!!"
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:37:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Frankly, I don't have a problem with the police gently pushing back against that to remind people it's not cool to be disrespectful to customers or cops.
View Quote
I’d be okay with that if...the thin blue line had the same push back when one of their own engaged is similar behavior.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I’d be okay with that if...the thin blue line had the same push back when one of their own engaged is similar behavior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gave an example above.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really?  This sort of thing has become All too common, and I have yet to see where a cop fabricated such a story.  Maybe you can produce one?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I will never understand why a uniformed officer would eat fast food.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
smart LEOs know not to ever order food/drink in uniform unless they can watch it being made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s not a luxury 99% of us have.

You get to know the establishments you frequent. I’m lucky to live where we have a lot of pro LEO managers who we trust, as well as personal knowing cooks or chefs.

We typically avoid a restaurant when we arrest a worker.

I stay far away from fast food with the exception of Subway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#46]
If I was a cop, I'd make my own coffee
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I probably wouldn't go there, and advise my officers not to go there either...…………………in some places, if police wont eat there, then people will pick up on it and not patronize the place either
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Lol in the identical Sbux thread it was suggested they go to McDonalds, and that it was entirely due to the corporate culture
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's possible.

It's also possible that someone who makes 10 bucks an hour working in the food service industry makes shitty life choices
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I gave an example above.
View Quote
You gave the most politically incorrect term that could possibly be used, that only a complete waterhead in this day and age wouldn’t come and publicly denounce if they want to keep their job.

Go to YouTube and pick on if the many thousands of police encounters where the officers said less than professional things to the people they interacted with and show me a “muh feelz” are hurt social media post from their chief...I’ll wait
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top