Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 7:44:59 AM EDT
Anybody else think that the surrender of Kandahar stinks to high hell.  Here we have Mullah Omar talking shit for weeks and now he's ready to give up?

I'm a little leary about this, especially when we remember what happened at Mazar-e-Sharif.  The 600+ Taliban there surrendered too, only to have grenades and other weapons stored under their garments.

I just can't and won't believe that some of those hard core Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters would just "give up," even after weeks of relentless US bombing.

If it were me, those bastards would be made to strip naked 300 yards from the nearest POW collection point.

Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
From CNN:

The former Taliban ambassador to Pakistan, Abdul Salam Zaeef, said Omar will begin the surrender by turning over the city to one of his commanders, who will then direct the handing over of weapons and ammunition to tribal elders. Zaeef said Omar will not surrender directly to Karzai.

Zaeef told CNN that the Taliban leadership, including Omar, would be guaranteed safety and allowed to go home under the agreement. In Washington, U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld reiterated Thursday that the United States would oppose any agreement that gives amnesty to Omar.

This stinks. The Northern Alliance isn't serious about fighting the Taliban. We need to get more troops over there so we don't have to deal with the NA.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just watched a little CNN Headline News over lunch.  This from the running blurb across the bottom:  Karzai was saying that he was willing to give amnesty to the ragular Taliban, but the the Al-Qaeda fighters should get "stricter justic."

Heh - heh

Heh - heh

They said "rag"ular.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
MD,
you bet something stinks here.  The only question is how long will it take for us to find out what's rotten
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#6]

I hope I'm wrong, but I smell a trap....
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#7]
USN, since we're suddenly, yesterday, repairing runways to receive "humanitarian" aid I smell a get-out-of-jail free chit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top