Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 6:02:34 PM EDT
They say you can still buy an FAL receiver in Kalifornia and build a complete rifle as long as it doesn't have a pistol grip and is made with at least 5 US made parts. Is this correct?

Does anybody make a Kalifornia friendly stock w/o the pistol grip, or do you simply not use a pistol grip and keep the issue stock?

Can anyone please post a picture of a FAL with a Kali legal stock as it applies to the above.

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:27:12 PM EDT
Your best bet is to hope the ag adds it to to ban list.Then you can add the pistol grip and register the firearm.If it is not aded you have to keep the pistol grip off.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 10:04:28 PM EDT
Redman said that the DOJ told him or a friend (can't remember) that they were adding more to the list as soon as they recieved a little more $$. I called them and they couldn't give me an answer, they just said not that "I" know of. But that was from some lady working the information number and she was surprised that the AW department transfered me to her.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 10:10:27 AM EDT
I feel sorry for anyone that lives in Kalifornia and wants an FAL. I'm not current on the illegal laws of the PRK, however, a good person to contact would be T. Mark Graham, Gunplumber, at
[url]www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/[/url] =

He is very knowledgable on the building of the FAL rifle and a top notch smith to boot.

You might also consider taking out the gas piston, which basicly turns the rifle into a one shot at a time rifle. Not exactly the greatest fix, but it is no longer a semi auto rifle and must be charged for each shot that is fired. Personally, I'm still in love with my FAL and would build another in a heart beat if I had the funds to do so. Yet I doubt I'd even have one if I were in Kali. I lived there till '84 and it wasn't all that bad, not sure what happened.

If you don't already know about the Fal Files web site, you need to check it out
[url]www.fnfal.com/cgi-bin/forums/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro[/url] =

Anything you want to know about the FAL is there and it's been my home page since February of last year.

Good luck


Link Posted: 3/2/2001 11:46:35 AM EDT
Actually, I already own a couple early SAR-48s (FAL), I added a Badger SS free float Bull Barrel with choice Leupold glass. It shoots almost as good as my PSS.

I'm thinking of getting another if it can be done legal.

I know of Mark Graham, he has an excellent repuation with the FAL.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 10:37:07 PM EDT
You can still buy FAL rifles (at least Entreprise), receivers, and parts in CA. It's more difficult to find an FFL willing to do the transfer than it is to find the parts. AFAIK, there is no such thing as a CA friendly stock. It sucks to shoot a FAL without the pistol grip, but that's the situation in CA at this time.

Gunplumber is one of the FAL kings. I have never heard anything bad about him on FAL Files. However, his prices for Imbel receivers is way too high. You can get them here in CA for just about $220, so there is no need to buy them from him for $325.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top