Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 4:26:55 PM EST
I am new to this forum and a big AR and other Scary weapons fanatic. I was wondering if anybody in this forum has had any dealing with Kahr handguns.I have a XD-40 and am thinking about seling it and buying a Kahr 40. Or should I keep my Springfield.Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:32:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 4:34:20 PM EST by KeithC]
This should get fun . I've never had an XD so I neither confirm nor deny the wisdom of trading. A big factor, IMO, would be intended usage - I carry a Kahr MK-9 almost constantly, even at a no-carry office. It conceals well, the 9mm is adequate, the pistol is completely reliable and, within SD distances, I can hit whatever I see.

Having said that, my Glock 21 is my go-to pistol when I don't give a shit who sees that I'm carrying....

Edited to add: There's a whole section for Kahr in the handgun forum if you really want some feedback!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:33:58 PM EST
i just picked up a pm9. depends on what you want it for . concealability or shooter. i say you really need both and more
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:35:53 PM EST
My ex took my P9 thru the Ladies Class at Thunder Ranch. Clint was interested enough to shoot it a little and didn't make any sarcastic comments. It also made the three days without cleaning and without a failure. For a carry gun, once you get used to the trigger you will like it.... a lot. Even IF it's "only a 9".

rip
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:36:23 PM EST
I have had a P-9 and now own a PM-9, both fine weapons.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:31 PM EST
I've got a glock 27 for carring and a sig p239 that I also switch around.Thought about maybe trading it on the sig 229,Don't know what to do.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:37:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:15:27 PM EST
I have an MK40:

Small, but I had to do a little custom gunsmithing to get it to function reliably. My only continuing nag with this gun is it's weight--I hardly carry it during summer. I compared the weight to the smallest XD40 at a gunshow and they were roughly the same. I would go for the polymer Kahr pistol instead of this one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:20:12 PM EST
My Kahr K40 stainless is awesome, and its for sale in the EE. I just need to slim down the different calibers in my collection.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:21:19 PM EST
I can't hit the broad side of a barn with my friend's Kahr 9.

Just don't like em...

Haven't tried the .40 but I imagine the lil sonuvabitch tries to jump out of your hands.

- BG
Top Top