Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2002 7:00:06 AM EDT
[url]http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1206burnban-ON.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
[url=http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1206burnban-ON.html]Calif. air regulators propose fireplace ban[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
California Air Regulators.  People who would rather see families frozen in their homes than toasting marshmallows in a fireplace.

Link Posted: 12/10/2002 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#3]
You know, I don't have any sympathy for the fireplace owners at all.  These are probably the same people who bitched about pollution and supported the clean air laws in PRK, and now they are bitching that they have to stop burning wood to reduce particulates.  It's too much like the NIMBY shit the dillweeds in California pulled over power plants, and then got all pissed off at Nevada and Arizona for not kissing their stupid asses when they started having power problems.

I've given up caring what happens in that abortion of a state.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Sucks for the residents further north. The coldest it's gotten down here in So Cal is around 60 degrees.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Bakersfield at the southern area of the valley, smog is pretty bad(said to be worse than LA and rated at being the worst in the entire country) but what gets me is that it isn't even ours.   It's Sacramento's, smog from the gay bay, Fresno, and the northern areas.

But I would put up with the smog gladly if it means that I can continue to use our potbelly stove.

If those sons of bitches inact the ban, screw them.   Our potbelly stove with it's catylitic converter isn't nearly in keeping with their premise that wood burning fires are dirty.

Fact remains that nothing makes the room as toasty as a potbelly stove that's cranking along at 500-600 degrees, when all the gasses have burned through that catylitic converter they are comin out purty darn clean too.

And if a neighbor rats me out?  GRRRRR, do something like run my lawnmower on idle and full rich.

Ofcourse this is just the type of mentality you can expect when they start talking about making people's decisions for them, bans on helmets, bans on fireplaces, and bans on guns.

Ofcourse this winter has been so mild that a lot of people probably haven't even resorted to nightly fires.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top