Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2012 5:13:54 PM EDT
I don't know a lot about knives, I got a KA Bar US Army version for Christmas.
Playing with this, it seems tough as nails, I'm deeply impressed.  Made in Orleans NY.

Do troops today still carry this knife?

Is it as tough as it looks?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think most use the M9 or other bayonet types.

The K-bar is a good knife. Keep it sharp and handy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a good knife and will do most anything, but it's not a bushcraft knife.  The blade tang is very narrow under the handle and can snap from repeated strikes.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's a good knife and will do most anything, but it's not a bushcraft knife.  The blade tang is very narrow under the handle and can snap from repeated strikes.

The M9 tang is worse.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The M9 tang is worse.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/vepvtw.jpg

Is that an Ontario knife?

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The M9 tang is worse.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/vepvtw.jpg

Is that an Ontario knife?

Yes. All of the mil spec M9s look like this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top