Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 12:19:01 PM EDT
I went to the local K-Mart to buy some ammo for my .22 today when I got off work.

The girl working there said she needed to get the manager cause she wasn't sure if she needed to do "anything special" to sell me a box of .22's.

I told her that they are just bullets nothing "special" is needed to by them, then I mentioned that if I were actualy buying a gun it may be a different story, at this point she interupted me by saying I don't sell real guns.  So I asked what those things behind her were for, decoration?

Then she changed the subject and told me she hates guns because her brother shot himself in the arm to see what it felt like.

She was about 5 feet tall and weighed about 300 lbs and looked about as smart as a box of rocks.

Man she was a real freakshow, I would not be suprised if her IQ were somewhat below room temperature.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you get her number? (j/k) [;D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What is the logic in putting someone behind the counter to sell guns, that will tell you she hates guns? I would have ask to speak to the manager,& lodged a complaint to the store manager about her attitude. I have run into similar things, & it really is something to see someone representing a company giving their opinion of the products in a negative light.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you expect from a minimum wage earner[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What do you expect from a minimum wage earner[:D]
View Quote

Yeah, you could've always told her that she was the reason the minimum wage is as low as it is!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#5]
She hates guns because her brother is a dumbass?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
She hates guns because her brother is a dumbass?
View Quote

It would appear so.

Lots of people blame inanimate objects for humans' actions.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#7]
two dumbasses in one family...who'lda thunk it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have said so you prostitute your beliefs for minimum wage, how nice for you. Wheres your boss? I'd like to talk to him about you.[:D] Got anything you'd like to add to this discussion before I do?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Frankly, I am more surprized when a retail clerk is NOT incompetent. As long as I get my good at the right price, the cashier can whistle dixie backwards for all I care.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
"Hmmm... sounds like you're almost as smart as your brother."

or

"I use these in my slingshot, they work great!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
And K-Mart wonders why their stock is worth less than toilet paper.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:50:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I've come to expect incompetence at even the most menial tasks by retail personnel.

What pisses me off is hiring the same breed to answer telephones. The individual who aswers the phone provides the first indication of the quality of the business you're about to deal with. I question the practice of hiring morons as first line PR reps. A few extra bucks to get a reasonably bright and polite person for the job would pay big dividends in fewer lost sales.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

... speaking of numbers [b]Orlaam[/b], is Levomethadyl Acetate medicinal heroin or what?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
You should have told her you hate twinkies because you know somebody who ate hundreds of them a day and she turned into a whale.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#16]
AAhahahahah![lolabove]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... speaking of numbers [b]Orlaam[/b], is Levomethadyl Acetate medicinal heroin or what?
View Quote

ORLAAM is levomethadyl acetate hydrochloride, an opioid analgesic used for treatment of narcotic dependence.  

BTW, "hydrochloride" is abbreviated HCl, not HCI as in the sig line.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Our worthless kmart is a big empty shell now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a potential indoor shooting range to me.....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#20]
KMart, Walmart, Home Depot all filled with minimum wage earners or close to it. Unless they're working their way through college, one can basically assume they've reached the peak of their earning potential and max'd out their intellectual capacity.

TT [snoopy]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a potential indoor shooting range to me.....
View Quote

Man, that's a great idea!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#23]
That is H7R Block reason number 37 why I NEVER SET FOOT IN KMART ANY MORE!!!! Their sporting goods drones are a very, very sad excuse for living breathing human beings.  I think that they grow out of pods in the stockroom! Just don't ever shop at that hellhole.  Have you forgotten what their response to the 9/11 tragedy was?

!!THEY QUIT SELLING HANDGUN AMMO !!
                   [noclue]
WTF?!  Also, don't forget that they embraced that fat antigun commie lesbo bitch ROSIE O'DONNEL as a spokeslezzie for a clothing line.

JUST NEVER, NEVER, EVER SHOP AT KMART!!!!!!  [nono]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Why did you go to Kmart I avoid them.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ORLAAM is levomethadyl acetate hydrochloride, an opioid analgesic used for treatment of narcotic dependence.  

BTW, "hydrochloride" is abbreviated HCl, not HCI as in the sig line.
View Quote

Didn't even realize I put an I instead of L.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Guys, Wally World ain't much better...if it wasn't for the painful memories it would dredge up, I would tell you all about my 2 1/4 hour trip to hell and back just to buy a 10/22.  It took the moron 5 trips back to the stockroom before he brought out the right rifle.  And you should have seen his face when I explained to him that you typically DON'T have to wait a week for the NICS check.  Of course, had I grown up in Dar es Salaam, I probably wouldn't know too much about American gun laws either lol.  The kicker was when the bastards made me leave the store and come back to buy ammo.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top