Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2007 6:36:37 PM EDT
I was stoked about Fred early last summer, donated money, and then really got turned off by the chaos of his campaign and his coyness about announcing.  So far in the debates and on the primary campaigns, he hasn't impressed me at all.  But that's why this ad is so good, because it really turns you off to Rudy, Romney, and Huckabee by using their own words against them (what Liberals usually call "smear tactics").

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RVFFugaL7A&eurl=hotair.com/archives/2007/11/29/video-freds-attack-ad-extended-edition/

It's just a good ad.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
FRED...  FTW
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Fred's got my vote in the primary, and he will easily win Tennessee.

Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I loved the Nascar sign
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
that's my boy
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Go Fred!
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
So the jist of the ad is not reasons to vote for Fred but "golly, he sure sucks less than these guys!"

Yee-haw. When can we have the god damned monarchy back?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
FDT = The Man.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#10]
He's got my vote.

But I'd like to have seen Fred have something to say in that ad, rather than only slinging shit like a kindergartener.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I truly hope he makes it and goes head to head with Senator Clinton.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#14]
He has a good shot in SC but they really need to run more ads.  I hear a lot of Mitt and Rudy ads.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Video has made it really hard for politicians to sneak out of lies.

Did anyone catch them doing it to Hitlery of Fox news about her voting for the Iraq war?
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
So the jist of the ad is not reasons to vote for Fred but "golly, he sure sucks less than these guys!"

How do you get from one place to another...The add simply points out the liberal past of his challengers.  That's not smear, that's not dirty politics, that is ADDRESSING THE ISSUEs.  I can see what people mean by Paul Bots now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
So the jist of the ad is not reasons to vote for Fred but "golly, he sure sucks less than these guys!these other guys sure suck!"

Fixed, and yes.  Thats how you campaign.  You have to attack your opponents a little bit in order to get their bad side out in public.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
thats a crappy ad.

Its got clips that look 20 years old.  AS if people cant and dont change.

It makes Fred look like he doesnt have any real ammo and has to go digging way way way back.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Fuck Yeah!
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That's not smear, that's not dirty politics, that is ADDRESSING THE ISSUEs.

No, it's not.

I've been behind Fred since the day I heard he was considering his run. And he'll have my vote.

But an ad like this does not address any issues from Fred Thompson's perspective. It shows how his opponents have fucked up and/or lied about their political views. And that's all well and good. They should be shown to be hypocrites if they are. But if you're going to drag shit out of your opponent's past and paste it up for all to see, then you should also go a step further and bother to say exactly how you are different, and what you are going to do that is different. Not just selectively quote a bunch of other sources' opinions of you.

This is the same shit ploy that Giuliani has been using. Damned near everytime he's asked a question about something, he either starts harping his 9-11 bullshit, or starts quoting something stupid that Hillary said on the topic, and provides no alternative of his own.

Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
thats a crappy ad.

Its got clips that look 20 years old.  AS if people cant and dont change.

It makes Fred look like he doesnt have any real ammo and has to go digging way way way back.

But when they are quoted as saying things like "my entire political career" makes you think.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:25:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I loved the Nascar sign

The only thing in the ad that made me go
NASCAR NASCARNASCARNASCARNASCARNASCAR
NASCAR Fred Thompson sticks to conservative principals! NASCAR
NASCAR NASCARNASCARNASCARNASCARNASCAR
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:28:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Rasmussen Poll

In the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination, Rudy Giuliani continues to lead nationwide with 27% support. Mitt Romney and John McCain each attract 14% support, Mike Huckabee is the choice for 12%, and Fred Thompson is clinging to double digits at 10%. Ron Paul's attracts 4% of Likely Republican Primary voters nationwide and no other Republican candidate reaches 2%.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you get from one place to another...The add simply points out the liberal past of his challengers.  That's not smear, that's not dirty politics, that is ADDRESSING THE ISSUEs.  I can see what people mean by Paul Bots now.

Paul Bot? So has this the de jure response to any criticism?

I'll fully admit that the conservative well is rather freaking bone dry for this race. But I'd like to know a little bit more about the man running for the highest office in the land than "he's the most danged-conservative god damn son-of-a-conservative that ever done conserved."

His time in the Senate was rather bland, with no meat to show for it. His only big campaign note so far has been the million man ground force which has produced no details on.

I'm not overwhelmed or even underwhelmed with the man. He just comes across as vanilla and uninspired. The fact that his competition sucks does not make him suck any less.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#26]
As of now I plan on voting for Mr. Thompson, but that ad is a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#27]
He has my vote.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's not.

I've been behind Fred since the day I heard he was considering his run. And he'll have my vote.

But an ad like this does not address any issues from Fred Thompson's perspective. It shows how his opponents have fucked up and/or lied about their political views. And that's all well and good. They should be shown to be hypocrites if they are. But if you're going to drag shit out of your opponent's past and paste it up for all to see, then you should also go a step further and bother to say exactly how you are different, and what you are going to do that is different. Not just selectively quote a bunch of other sources' opinions of you.

This is the same shit ploy that Giuliani has been using. Damned near everytime he's asked a question about something, he either starts harping his 9-11 bullshit, or starts quoting something stupid that Hillary said on the topic, and provides no alternative of his own.

He has a few positive comments, but they are merely opinions voiced by journalists from Time and National Review.

I was just praising this ad, not Thompson himself.  It's effective and makes his opponents look like vote-grubbing weasels who'll say anything to please the people whose votes they need at the moment, and who have no real principles.  Everyone hates those kinds of politicians.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it's not.

He has a few positive comments, but they are merely opinions voiced by journalists from Time and National Review.

I was just praising this ad, not Thompson himself.  It's effective and makes his opponents look like vote-grubbing weasels who'll say anything to please the people whose votes they need at the moment, and who have no real principles.  Everyone hates those kinds of politicians.

Bump for Fred's interview on Charlie Rose last night as he tries to explain the concept of principles guiding one's position on political issues to a perplexed Charlie Rose.

fredthompsonnews.blogspot.com/2007/12/video-of-fred-thompsoncharlie-rose.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rasmussen Poll

In the race for the Republican Presidential Nomination, Rudy Giuliani continues to lead nationwide with 27% support. Mitt Romney and John McCain each attract 14% support, Mike Huckabee is the choice for 12%, and Fred Thompson is clinging to double digits at 10%. Ron Paul's attracts 4% of Likely Republican Primary voters nationwide and no other Republican candidate reaches 2%.

Wonder how many of those 27% are actually Democrats?  Keep in mind, not all states have closed primary elections.

Tj

More like 'I wonder what the split would be in a McCain, Mitt, Guliani, Fred race'....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top