Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 2:43:44 PM EDT
Richard Pryor and several other celebrities are staging this boycott, along with PETA.  It seems that they feel that KFC kills its chickens inhumanely.  I don't think killing animals for food=animal abuse.  They think so.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Richard Pryor and several other celebrities are staging this boycott, along with PETA.  It seems that they feel that KFC kills its chickens inhumanely.  I don't think killing animals for food=animal abuse.  They think so.

Opinions?

Richard Pryor is dead
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Opinions?

Richard Pryor is dead

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]
ghosts will scare KFC into submission!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
On another note.  I make it a habit to at least email the PETA administrator once a month (using different email addys) telling them how well our KFC catered event went, family reunion picnics with nothing but KFC, employee meeting serving KFC, etc.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If this is DU's or PETA's attempt at a counter-troll, I wish they would put more effort into it. This is totally unsatisfying as far as entertainment value.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Boycott?  Did somebody else get a fried dismembered penis also?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Opinions?

Richard Pryor is dead

Proof-positive he's boycotting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Opinions?

How do you kill a chicken inhumanely.  Slow torture?  Acid drip?

I figure they did like everyone else and just snapped the neck or cut off the head.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
actually this started from KFC's supplier or former supplier of chickens. PETA had video evidence of workers smashing birds against the wall, kicking them for no reason, beating them with sticks...etc. i saw the video on the news several months ago.

While i agree killing them for food is fine. BLATANT ABUSE of any animal even those intended for chows halls is wrong. IMHO.

KFC came out in STRONG opposition to the vendor and demanded the termination of those employees or they would find another supplier. IIRCC.

I think KFC did the right thing in this case. I think PETA is just using this as an excuse to terrorise a restraunt that serves meat of any kind.

mike

+1
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If this is DU's or PETA's attempt at a counter-troll, I wish they would put more effort into it. This is totally unsatisfying as far as entertainment value.

For the record...I am not involved with any of the above, just wanted some feedback on this issue and opinons regarding it.  

Deej86
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Get some chickens, let them loose, and record.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Dumb Clucks at PETA.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
actually this started from KFC's supplier or former supplier of chickens. PETA had video evidence of workers smashing birds against the wall, kicking them for no reason, beating them with sticks...etc. i saw the video on the news several months ago.

While i agree killing them for food is fine. BLATANT ABUSE of any animal even those intended for chows halls is wrong. IMHO.

KFC came out in STRONG opposition to the vendor and demanded the termination of those employees or they would find another supplier. IIRCC.

I think KFC did the right thing in this case. I think PETA is just using this as an excuse to terrorise a restraunt that serves meat of any kind.

mike

+1
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Chickens were killed. Life will go on. Now I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Every time PETA pitches a bitch I go out and kill something.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:54:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I heard that KFC is using these mutant 6-legged chickens.  That's why they changed the name, the FDA and Dept of Ag wouldn't allow them to use the word "chicken" while they were using these mutant 6-leggers.  I heard it from a friend who heard it from a guy who takes smoke breaks with someone whose brother works at the FDA.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I heard that KFC is using these mutant 6-legged chickens.  That's why they changed the name, the FDA and Dept of Ag wouldn't allow them to use the word "chicken" while they were using these mutant 6-leggers.  I heard it from a friend who heard it from a guy who takes smoke breaks with someone whose brother works at the FDA.

Sorry - That's some funny shit!

www.nuketown.com/templates/hoaxes.php?id=271
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry - That's some funny shit!

www.nuketown.com/templates/hoaxes.php?id=271

See?  It's true!  It's even on the internet!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

mike

I agree w/Mike. If KFC had "blow off" the blatant abuse, sure, I'd be up for a boycott. I'd PREFER they change vendors... but I can "live" w/their actions and give them the benefit of the doubt. (Both companies). The main reason I'd tend to eat elsewhere is stress releases certain chemicals into the bloodstream of the animal... it's ALREADY gotta be "stressed" smelling the blood - but then w/the abuse on TOP of that.... not certain it would be very healthy to consume period. So while I'm not officially "boycotting" per se, I'll likely TEND to eat elsewhere for a while. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#27]
PETA

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Yum, I'm hungry...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Opinions?

Guess I'll eat some KFC tomorrow.

After, all there's room on Earth for all of God's creatures....right next to the Mashed Potatoes.

SG
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Get some chickens, let them loose, and record.

Post whore!

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I like Popeyes chicken better. Too bad I can never find them in the burbs, they are all in the intercity.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Not defending PETA... but I don't see how people that eat at KFC, Wendy's, McD's, Burger King, etc can stand that grease. It all gives me indigestion. Boycott them all until they can make something that is healthy and appitizing. Go to a deli until then.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Not defending PETA... but I don't see how people that eat at KFC, Wendy's, McD's, Burger King, etc can stand that grease. It all gives me indigestion. Boycott them all until they can make something that is healthy and appitizing. Go to a deli until then.

Grease  = flavor

you have been brain washed by PETA sub groups
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:13:03 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a relative that raises chickens. They are nasty creatures and eat droppings from other chickens. Grew up in country-killed them by wringing their neck and letting them flop around afterwards to bleed properly.

Bought a PETA hat. Says People Eating Tasty Animals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top