Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2013 4:24:46 PM EDT
So I never really knew how big of a deal this website was but how many Chivers are here?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Mind the gap!
FLBP!

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I see chive stickers all over the place. What gives?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Dont really post, but visit almost daily at work
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the app
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The app is the best it really helps me pass the time when I should be working.  Burn the bra is a classic
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:27:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Hump daaaaaay, yeeeeaaaahhh.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Daily Afternoon Randomness

Caturday!

Nailed It!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]
No, i prefer to wade through miles of assorted shit on the black hole of the internet to find mildly amusing pictures of cats.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mind the gap!
FLBP!

View Quote

FPFNI.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Admittedly I'm not really into it. I thought it was a newsfilter site like Fark then I checked in at work and figured out its mostly NSFW.
ARFCOM scratches the itch for the Funny and current events however this post really struck a nerve with me:

Chive asks for $50k

and kills it
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Squishy

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:31:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Love the chive, my 20 year old son told me about it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I've spent maybe 10 minutes "chiving."  It's mildly entertaining, but nothing special.

A local bar has a KCCO brew and occasionally has Chive events.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Every day, thanks to my roommate who put me onto the Chive.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Not often, I follow links to hot chick pics once in awhile.  The site is slow as shit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Now that it's existence has been breached here, it will no longer be cool to some people.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Now that it's existence has been breached here, it will no longer be cool to some people.
View Quote

It has been around for years hasn't it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Admittedly I'm not really into it. I thought it was a newsfilter site like Fark then I checked in at work and figured out its mostly NSFW.
ARFCOM scratches the itch for the Funny and current events however this post really struck a nerve with me:

Chive asks for $50k

and kills it
View Quote

I now like the Chive even more. Thats awesome.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I see chive stickers all over the place. What gives?
View Quote

Faggotry.

Anyone that wears bill murray's face around has to be sucking cock by choice.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes I chive
It's a great site if you gotta kill time
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The app is the best it really helps me pass the time when I should be working.  Burn the bra is a classic
View Quote

The app is the buggiest piece of shit ever. Gifs almost never play. Videos almost never play. You're lucky to get a set of pictures to load even the fingernails.

Using multiple phones/wifi/networks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#23]
I have no idea what that is.

My first visit within five seconds I find a gap thread. Seems like a great place.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The app is the buggiest piece of shit ever. Gifs almost never play. Videos almost never play. You're lucky to get a set of pictures to load even the fingernails.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know what phone/provider you use but you should shitcan it and get something new.  The app works every time without fail for me.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't know what phone/provider you use but you should shitcan it and get something new.  The app works every time without fail for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Works great on my iphone in the middle of nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, iphone and ipad on multiple wifi networks and Verizon LTE.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I wasn't before spring break in South Padre this year. One of my buddies wore a "Keep Calm and Chive On" t-shirt, and I was like, WTF? Once we got down there, hot girls just started yelling "chive on bro" and walking up to him. It kept us in tail the whole weekend. I was fucking baffled.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't even know you could post there.

I just look at hot chicks and funny pics.   Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm too lazy to investigate. Is it a forum, or is it like Reddit, where it's just a bunch of links? (I tried Reddit on Arfcom's recommendation, and don't get it. Nineteen eighties layout with no original content, just a bunch of links to other sites I already knew about. It reminded me of Drudge, which I also can't stand to look at.)

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:22:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'm too lazy to investigate. Is it a forum, or is it like Reddit, where it's just a bunch of links? (I tried Reddit on Arfcom's recommendation, and don't get it. Nineteen eighties layout with no original content, just a bunch of links to other sites I already knew about. It reminded me of Drudge, which I also can't stand to look at.)    
View Quote
It's a site devoted to the popular herb, chives.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome, I've been looking for a new herb site. Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#33]
So.... you got wasted...
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, ever since the Silk Road got busted.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:56:50 PM EDT
[#35]
I would say The Chive website is awesome in a way that they incorporate helping people like setting up fundraisers, but most of the "Chivers" I know/see are just a bunch of people who make decals for their cars and surf the website for NSFW pics and would never donate or contribute to the actual causes in any way.

It's just another blog in my bookmarks list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top