Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 4:31:14 PM EDT
Does or has anyone dealt with KB Camera,Bellingham WA? A friend of a friend across the pond is interested in something in their used inventory and is considering having it shipped over. Just looking to confirm that they're reputable?
They REALLY like their new stuff. $679 for a 70-200 4L?
KB Camera
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:39:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry that I don't know anything about the store you're asking about... but their one review on resellerratings.com doesn't look good:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/KB_Camera

Also, if you can actually find a few parts of their website that work (Ugh, what a dump!), they are listing things on their used page like:

Canon 10D Kit  6.29 Megapixel  CMOS  Interchangeable Lens SLR Digital Camera .  CMOS has Superb Tonal Rendition!  Excellent Value.  Complete Kit provided with Battery, Charger, Power Adapter, Cables, Software, Neck Strap etc..

For only $1499! (regularly $1999)

ACT FAST!

Should be able to pick up a 70-200 F4 for about $550 from the ever reputable B&H right now.

Oh, and here's a good one:

HOW TO SELL NOW

Pack your equipment carefully.  Include a note with your equipment that states your Name/Address/Phone #.  Send equipment to:

KB Camera

1050 Larrabee Ave. Suite #104-709

Bellingham, WA 98225-7367

We will contact you immediatly with an offer for your equipment upon receipt.  No obligation.

Yeah... I'll get right on that, send you everything without a quote, mmmhm.

I don't know why you'd chose a place like this unless you were there in person and could verify everything (multiple times) yourself. Otherwise stick with the big & reputable companies.

For used equipment KEH.com is good and has fair prices.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 8:24:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that,pretty much what I told him too and he decided to buy somewhere else,SWFA I think. I guess even compared to New Zealand prices their inflated prices looked good. He ended up paying $800 NZ shipping included, for a scope that would have cost him right around $1500 NZ over there.
I sold my 300D last week. Should have run it up to Bellingham, they probably would have given me $700-$800 for it considering the high re-sale value due to the superb tonal rendition!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top