Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2004 12:12:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/13/2005 9:18:52 AM EST by Foxy]
HELLO ALL................

I JUST MOVED TO THE STATE OF KANSAS RECENTLY (KANSAS CITY/TOPEKA/LAWRENCE AREA) AND WONDERED IF THERE WERE ANY LOCAL MEMBERS IN THE AREA? HAVE YET TO MEET A SINGLE FELLOW SHOOTER/COLLECTOR......

ALSO LOOKING TO FIND AN AR-15 FRIENDLY RANGE IN THE AREA......

ALSO, IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE LOCAL RULES/LAWS IN REGARDS TO "ASSAULT WEAPONS", (AR-15, SKS, G-3, CETME) I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU MAY KNOW............

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND MAYBE SHOOTING BUDDY, I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND HAVE YET TO MAKE ANY FRIENDS LOCALLY.......

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED HELP IN THIS MATTER......

TAKE CARE,

JACK

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:17:15 PM EST
I thought Kansas was so flat that the issue wasn't finding a range, but rather finding something that would serve as a backstop.

No knock on Kansas. I used to live in the Texas Panhandle. It's so flat there that you might have to drive 15 minutes just to get out of sight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:19:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:19:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2004 2:20:12 PM EST by SWO_daddy]

Originally Posted By Foxy:
HELLO ALL................

I JUST MOVED TO THE STATE OF KANSAS RECENTLY (KANSAS CITY/TOPEKA/LAWRENCE AREA) AND WONDERED IF THERE WERE ANY LOCAL MEMBERS IN THE AREA? HAVE YET TO MEET A SINGLE FELLOW SHOOTER/COLLECTOR......

ALSO LOOKING TO FIND AN AR-15 FRIENDLY RANGE IN THE AREA......

ALSO, IF SOMEONE KNOWS THE LOCAL RULES/LAWS IN REGARDS TO "ASSAULT WEAPONS", (AR-15, SKS, G-3, CETME) I'D BE VERY INTERESTED IN ANYTHING YOU MAY KNOW............

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND MAYBE SHOOTING BUDDY, I AM NEW TO THE AREA AND HAVE YET TO MAKE ANY FRIENDS LOCALLY.......

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED HELP IN THIS MATTER......

TAKE CARE,

JACK

I used to live there. You need to become a member of the Capital City Gun Club (5 miles west of Topeka) and the Mill Creek Rifle Club (about 1/2 hr west of KCKS) ASAP!

Ed Krasny (785-232-1894) is your contact at Cap City, Dick Harper (913-432-7445) same at Mill Creek.

Capital City Gun Club

Kansas State Rifle Association list of clubs

Kansas is VERY evil black rifle friendly. No CCW, though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:53:03 PM EST
Jack, the Mill Creek rifle club is very nice. Ranges out to 600 yds. A little spendy to join, about $200 as I recall, but annual dues are much less. They are open 6am-10pm 7 days a week.They also hold high power matches. The Bench Rest National match was just held there also. Drop me a line if you need info. The range is located in Desoto KS, a few miles west of KC. Dennis
Top Top