Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/27/2006 12:58:37 PM EDT

Life is good.

Actually, I didn't really "yell" - just asked them to not cross through my yard, but told them it was okay to pass through my property as long as they stuck to the fenceline on either side (there's a big empty wooded area behind my house that I'm sure is irresistible to kids). I just don't want those whippersnappers crossing through my planted areas, or trampling my wildflowers.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:00:05 PM EDT
You are now officially a grumpy old bastard.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:00:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:00:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By triburst1:

Oh, it's not the first time

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:01:14 PM EDT
Do you have an "Old Fart" t-shirt yet?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:03:14 PM EDT
DRAW DOWN!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:04:13 PM EDT
I am sure you'll be buying some new tires now or some other result of "payback".
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:04:57 PM EDT
Mean ol' coot....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:05:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 1:11:12 PM EDT by garandman]

Originally Posted By triburst1:

I disagree.

In fact, I find his response to tresspassers kinda soft.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:06:27 PM EDT
do you have a collection of frisbees and baseballs too?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:06:53 PM EDT
Trifocals to follow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:08:09 PM EDT
According to "kid code" as I knew it, you rated "Moderate cool".

You get minuses for not letting us go in your lawn.

You get a plus for saying it's ok to go to the wooded area (Where we will camp out
at some point.....And probably make a fort.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:09:17 PM EDT
That mean mr DK-Prof....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:12:12 PM EDT
Danged furinears coming to our country and yelln' at our utes. What's this world comn' too?

j/k
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:12:34 PM EDT
To bad you did not have bagpipes to blow at them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:14:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Goonboss:
According to "kid code" as I knew it, you rated "Moderate cool".

You get minuses for not letting us go in your lawn.

You get a plus for saying it's ok to go to the wooded area (Where we will camp out
at some point.....And probably make a fort.)

Fort? They are probably back there smoking crack or pot and conspiring how they're gonna tag the side of his house for being a jerk to them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
I had to do that once. The kid was on a motorcycle and thought the banks leading up to my front yard were a good place to take it off road.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:16 PM EDT
Good work. Now put on some black socks with your shorts and tennis shoes.

G
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:16:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Life is good.

Actually, I didn't really "yell" - just asked them to not cross through my yard, but told them it was okay to pass through my property as long as they stuck to the fenceline on either side (there's a big empty wooded area behind my house that I'm sure is irresistible to kids). I just don't want those whippersnappers crossing through my planted areas, or trampling my wildflowers.

You are now a target... Expect all holiday decorations to be destroyed for the next few years. Well, if this was 1983 in Copley, Ohio that's what would happen.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:17:32 PM EDT
I once had a kid ride his bike across my lawn, needless to say he never did that again. I think his parents are still looking for him maybe not though, he was kind of a punk.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:19:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
To bad you did not have bagpipes to blow at them.

That would have been cruel and unusual.

I'm not actually worried about my house being TP'd or egged or anything. The families and kids in my neighborhood are generally very nice and well-behaved, and I tell at least a couple of kids a year not to cross through my back yard. And I've never had a problem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:19:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 1:19:54 PM EDT by RiffRandall]

Originally Posted By glock23carry:
Good work. Now put on some black socks with your shorts and tennis wooden shoes.

G

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:19:35 PM EDT
Yeah, I knew the Dutch were becoming much more intolerant....

H.D.S. Greenway: Dutch intolerance
The Boston Globe

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2006
BERLIN When it comes to welcoming immigrants, the Dutch have long been among the nicest guys in Europe.

When the Jews were kicked out of Spain in 1492, the Dutch opened their doors to them when others didn't. When the Pilgrims were in trouble in England, the Dutch took them in before they sailed for America. In modern times, the ever-tolerant Dutch took in guest workers and asylum seekers, many of them from Muslim countries, and left them to their own devices.

But now, as in other European countries with large Muslim populations, the Dutch are having second thoughts.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:20:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By tc556guy:
I am sure you'll be buying some new tires now or some other result of "payback".

+1

I'd rather take my chances pissing off HAMAS or MS-13 rather than the local pack of wandering youts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:20:27 PM EDT
I used to yell at those damn kids to get off my lawn all the time. Now, I just live where there aren't any kids. Come to think of it, there aren't many people here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 1:29:48 PM EDT by AcidGambit]
The kids here don't listen...
Guy moved in nextdoor about 6mo... His kid is a prick. I keep telling him to stay off my lawn, to him this translates to: "Stay off the lawn when you can't see me."
Little shit drags his book carrier and rides his bike across it. Kid has no respect, I think his parents let him do whatever.
On the bright side, a neighborhood kid kicked his ass the other day... Yep, I stood an watched, with a smile on my face.

Even worse, some 16yr with a new model Jetta drives 65 through here. I yealled to slow down (kids playing in the street.) Little shit told me to fuck off.

At the last homeowers association meeting I complained about the loud assed kids playing the street and not getting out of the way. I told them I was going move and sell my house to a sex offender... That didn't go over real well.

I keep all the shit the kids leave in my yard to... Put it in the "donation" box for charity. I had numerous balls and a scooter (a nice one.)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:28:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AcidGambit:
Even worse, some 16yr with a new model Jetta drives 65 through here. I yealled to slow down (kids playing in the street.) Little shit told me to fuck off.

put out some spike strips
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:30:17 PM EDT
I don’t think that you get your “grumpy old man” badge until you’ve planted thorny bushes and brambles around the edges of your property line.

Oh! And don’t forget to put a QD attachment on your garden hose just in case you need to spray down a pack `O sprats at a moments notice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
Your's........is the house that all the neighborhood kids whisper about.

"ssshhh.....that house...a serial killer lives there"

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:34:39 PM EDT

the next time this happens make sure you are out weedeating on the street edge of your lawn ,and 'accidentally' turn while at full throttle to see what all of the noise is. The modification to the paint job on that side of the car tend to increase the respect level of said motorist around you lawn.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/27/2006 1:41:34 PM EDT by Sub-MOA]

Originally Posted By supersix4:

the next time this happens make sure you are out weedeating on the street edge of your lawn ,and 'accidentally' turn while at full throttle to see what all of the noise is. The modification to the paint job on that side of the car tend to increase the respect level of said motorist around you lawn.

Optionally, he could just throw out some bricks or cinder blocks in the street about the time the kid is due to arrive home from weenie high.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:39:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By glock23carry:
Good work. Now put on some black socks with your shorts and tennis shoes.

And always wear white shoes. Remember you live in the Midwest now & we think that we are really dressing up when we wear white shoes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:45:26 PM EDT
they will be back, kids dont like being told to stay off anything
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:46:03 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
Around here, kids will play on your lawn and even go up to the porch! Annoying little bastards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:03:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:16:06 PM EDT
Loose the hounds! Prime the claymores! Sharpen the pungi stakes! Batten down the hatches!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:22:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sub-MOA:
Oh! And don’t forget to put a QD attachment on your garden hose just in case you need to spray down a pack `O sprats at a moments notice.

I used to have a couple of motion-activated sprinkler heads.

Kids got nailed by them all the time.
Top Top