Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 4:01:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
The whole AT&T thing is just bizarre...had to break everything up...they operate on their own for awhile...merge and merge and merge...now it's almost all owned by AT&T again.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
....it throws me for a loop.

OK so ATT sells off their ATT Wireless division to Cingular. Which Bellsouth has a controlling interest in. ATT says they want to concetrate on landlines and broadband.

You follow me so far.

So in doing that they start looking for other acquisition to expand on WiFi, Broandband, DSL and phone footprint. So who do they decide to merge with........Bellsouth.

So guess what???

They will end up owning controlling interest in Cingular, thereby owning ATT Wireless again.

So you sell off ATT wireless. Buy it back with extras.

So a year from now I bet you they spin off Cingular.

I have come to the conclusion that todays merger become tomorrows spin off. Yesterdays spin offs will become today merger. Or is it the other way around.

Anyway just thought I'd post this for shits and giggles.

Odd.

Sounds like you are having one of those days.  Sounds like managers chasing quartrly earnings and investment buzz and with no long term strategy.  What else is new?

Say - your info thingy still says "TX" - I thought I remembered reading that you went back to California.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
mergers require lots of corporate lawyers.  its all a conspiracy for the corporate law types to make big $$$.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
mergers require lots of corporate lawyers.  its all a conspiracy for the corporate law types to make big $$$.  

Sounds kinda like a Class-Action suit--No one makes money but the Attorny

I was in a Class-action Suit and all I got were these stupid Vouchers
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top