Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:39:49 PM EDT
And this burn the Koran thing is getting really ugly.  They (Muslims) are basically threatening us..They are saying if one is burned––-they will begin to kill Americans..

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bring it.

If you cant stand the heat... Get out of the fire
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And this burn the Koran thing is getting really ugly.  They (Muslims) are basically threatening us..They are saying if one is burned––-they will begin to kill Americans..

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe if the damn media would stop blowing it out of proportion.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
They will kill us anyway.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
They should be thankful that we as Americans don't think the same way or their population would be considerably thinner. I'm sure they perceive our kindness as a weakness on our part. They may be somewhat correct in that assumption.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
They murdered 3000 innocent people (mostly Americans) in cold blood on 9/11 without provocation.

Bring. It. The. Fuck. On.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]

"There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Different enemy. Different century. Same philosophy.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Well yeah...I didn't really think before I wrote that––but you know what I meant..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe if the damn media would stop blowing it out of proportion.....

That is a good point...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
the only thing this whole shitfight WILL fuel is the rhetoric of the appeasement weenies. for the next 6 months every time TSA finds some razorblades in farooq's carry on bag, we will hear about how "it is all the fault of the horrible book burner who brought these attacks on us", and of course "if we stopped that religious zealot from burning the koran the peaceful Muslim activists would leave us alone"
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the only thing this whole shitfight WILL fuel is the rhetoric of the appeasement weenies. for the next 6 months every time TSA finds some razorblades in farooq's carry on bag, we will hear about how "it is all the fault of the horrible book burner who brought these attacks on us", and of course "if we stopped that religious zealot from burning the koran the peaceful Muslim activists would leave us alone"

That is a really good point!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Freedom, how does it work?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#14]

should we have to modify our constitution or walk on egg shells because of these nutcases?

and i'm in the "even though you can doesn't mean you should" camp   in regards to the koran burning and the ground zero mosque

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Am I missing something?  Because they burn our flags, burn our President (Bush) in effigy..So what is the difference?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I missing something?  Because they burn our flags, burn our President (Bush) in effigy..So what is the difference?

They are fucking nuts and we aren't.  I think that is the main difference.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
where can i get a copy of the koran for cheap?

ETA:  would burning a cliff note version have less meaning?  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Do you think they will stop killing Americans if they DON'T burn the books?

Burn away, we have nothing to lose.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Begin to kill?  I think they passed that point quite a few years back(hard for MSM to face)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

You might have a point...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Well yeah...I didn't really think before I wrote that––but you know what I meant..

I know what you're saying.  People are going to do what they are going to do, no sense in worrying about it.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Begin to kill?  I think they passed that point quite a few years back(hard for MSM to face)

I know that really wasn't what I meant...What  I meant was they are gonna start chapter 2 of their killing spree...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Quoted for truth.

If there are muslim riots in the streets of america... it will certainly not be me in some nearby bushes with my SPR, just sayin.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
But... but... if we burn those books the people who really really want to kill us will really really really want to kill us.

Where's my lighter?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't give a fuck what they think

the ones that were willing and able to kill Americans were just as willing and able to do it yesterday
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#26]

How many times can we be killed?  Aren't we already all in need of killing?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#27]
back to the topic at hand.. what should i be spending on a copy?   are we talking 100 bones or more?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Well, to begin with I'd say I think they were probably going to try and kill us anyhow.  I don't think burning the Koran was/is going to change that.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Too bad it's not the Westboro Baptist Church doing this...................

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Everybody seems to be missing the point here.

The church that's doing it is doing the exact same thing as the 2-blocks-from-ground-zero mosque.

#1: There's no legal reason to stop them from doing it.
#2: It's in exceedingly bad taste and will get a lot of people riled up.

Look a the reaction to the koran burning vs the mosque construction. THAT is the point.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
where can i get a copy of the koran for cheap?

ETA:  would burning a cliff note version have less meaning?  

I got a free copy few years back by writing to CAIR, I keep it under the bed. Sure it is dusty as hell and sometimes the dogs naps on it but as soon as I find a good use for it....
Hey, is this koran burning thing only in Florida???
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The church that's doing it is doing the exact same thing as the 2-blocks-from-ground-zero mosque.

Look a the reaction to the koran burning vs the mosque construction. THAT is the point.

No it is not.

The Mosque is celebrating the Murder of 3,000 Americans.

The burning of the Koran is regonizing we are in a culture war of Western Culture vs Radical Islam, and some might say modernate Islam who refuse to take a side.

I give more slack to the latter, because, I don't know, they havent killed 3,000 of my countrymen!  If you cannot recognize this difference, then you are being willfully ignorant.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm way past worrying about what Muslims think of us, or making Muslims mad at us.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I just had a thought on this weirdness. First, a preface: I dont really give a shit about it. I CERTAINLY dont care about the koran, or any extent to which it is defaced. In fact, destruction of symbolic items in general does not do much for me. Burn a book, burn an effigy, burn a flag. What the fuck ever. You are destroying a physical symbol of an idea, which of course you can't simply destroy with some lighter fluid.  I also do not care for the responsable parties message, but whatever. They have the freedom to do it and should not/ can not be forcefully stopped.  

Anyway, If this book burning was totally successful and it caused thousands of people to rush out and buy korans to burn them will it not simply increase demand for that particular text resulting in A) sales revenue B) an increase in printing to satisfy the temporary demand bubble?  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that really wasn't what I meant...What  I meant was they are gonna start chapter 2 of their killing spree...

I hear you... and sadly, if they do, nothing will be done about it.

After all, we brought it upon ourselves
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it is not.

The Mosque is celebrating the Murder of 3,000 Americans.

The burning of the Koran is regonizing we are in a culture war of Western Culture vs Radical Islam, and some might say modernate Islam who refuse to take a side.

I give more slack to the latter, because, I don't know, they havent killed 3,000 of my countrymen!  If you cannot recognize this difference, then you are being willfully ignorant.

I'm not saying that they're the same thing. What I'm saying is that the church is doing it to point at the whole "religious tolerance" thing. I'm saying that the politics behind both are the same.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

when did the first one end?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#38]
(speaking generically of course) ...if the religious texts of a faith contain commands and justification for murder, conquest, theft, violence, and slavery,   then it is understandable why some one would wish to make a statement by burning a copy.

the enemies of freedom will be no more enraged tomorrow than they were yesterday.  this will go on forever until one side eliminates the other.  who will win?  

oh, and in before the atheist who will use this discussion to explain why Christianity is just as evil as islam...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#39]

just damn.  those folks should be ashamed dragging their kids into this.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]
They will begin to kill Americans? Did I miss something here?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

when did the first one end?

I don't think it did..

I think they are always going to have a reason to want to kill us.  This is just yet another reason.  If this guy backs down and doesn't burn it––they will come up with something else.

Boy is this going to get messy...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:46:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Gosh dernit mister––-I explained that I made a mistake, don't make me slap you..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gosh dernit mister––-I explained that I made a mistake, don't make me slap you..

Is that an offer?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
there is a special killing overdrive gear that can be engaged

its in the Koran I'm sure
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:59:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Bring it.

this

please. Lets start this thing
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:02:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that an offer?

You are silly..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:03:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring it.

this

please. Lets start this thing

You might just get your wish..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Only in America can you burn our flag, a bible, and a picture of our president, but only get shunned for burning a religious book whose adherents have killed thousands of our citizens in this decade alone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#49]
stand by for false flag event.

all hands on deck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Once they start doing that here, as in more than two or three isolated cases, the gloves might come off and a Large, large bunch of Muslims will die.                                          
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top