Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/6/2006 7:38:11 PM EDT
Nothing to write home about, but there is some entertaining gunplay with a variety of weapons, mostly Mossbergs and Sigs.

Mark Wahlberg plays a badass ex-convict with three foster brothers, two of them black. There is a plot twist here and there, and parts of the story make you go "WTF?" as the four go about wreaking havoc on the badguys who killed their foster mother, but overall it's not a bad flick.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:40:43 PM EDT
I have to admit the brotherly interaction was humorous
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:56:05 PM EDT
Worth the rental fee.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/6/2006 8:03:13 PM EDT by easy610]
I can't stand Walberg ever since he ripped on Charlton Heston for being the NRA president.

What a HollyWood fuktard....can't think of too many others in HollyWood who derive their popularity more from glorifying gunplay and then to be liberal-ing it up..the hypocrisy kills me.

I know, I know, I shouldn't expect anymore from those vapid morons....gotta keep tellin' myself, up until talkies (motion pictures) actors/entertainers were generally the lowest caste in society...now they are heralded as free thinking, brilliant mavericks who we should run to for their verbal diarrhea like they're Socrates or Plato........

OK, ok, I'll calm down now.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:03:27 PM EDT
That Wahlberg kid is a pretty good actor. I have seen several of his films and he does well in all of them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:
I have to admit the brotherly interaction was humorous

I kind of got the impression John Singleton was straining to achieve a believable level of family bonding between the siblings.

On a sidenote, Mark Wahlberg has another movie coming out this year about a bartender who walks on to the Philidelphia Eagles. The movie is called "Invincible." My son has a small part as one of the football players.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:33 PM EDT
I think there were some AUGs in one scene ..I agree OK but nothing special
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:06:00 PM EDT
I rented it the week it came out and thought it was worth the rent. And watching once or maybe twice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:08:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

On a sidenote, Mark Wahlberg has another movie coming out this year about a bartender who walks on to the Philidelphia Eagles. The movie is called "Invincible." My son has a small part as one of the football players.

Funny, he looks like Wayne Chrebet from the Jets
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:18:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
That Wahlberg kid is a pretty good actor. I have seen several of his films and he does well in all of them.

Agreed. He is often enjoyable to watch and does a good job. I just gotta get past entertainers political predilections....my bitch is they spout off too much and I hear it...I'd rather not know what they think....just entertain me!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:50:11 PM EDT
Doesn't he have a big schlong?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:55:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:

He actually is a pretty good actor, just don't call him "Marky Mark", or ask him where the "Funky Bunch" is.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:01:44 PM EDT

Different movie, bro.

All this movie needed to be a great movie was a plot, script, actors who could act and some realism.

Apparently, Detroit ganstas are tapping the germans for the latest in weapons and still driving around in a crap bucket 1972 chevy van. Detroit has three cops, two are crooked and one got killed and worst of all, it's still Detroit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:03:31 PM EDT
It's basically a modern remake of The Sons of Katie Elder.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:04:47 PM EDT
Wasn't this the flick where they're admiring some stolen weapons and Wahlberg looks at a Beretta and says something to the effect that "it shoots three bullets at once"? Some lame Hollywood reference to the select fire 92?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:05:42 PM EDT
It had an Aug and G36s that never ran out of ammo. I still thought it was a decent movie.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:08:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By southeast_scrounger:
Wasn't this the flick where they're admiring some stolen weapons and Wahlberg looks at a Beretta and says something to the effect that "it shoots three bullets at once"? Some lame Hollywood reference to the select fire 92?

Thats the one.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:11:13 PM EDT
It was good...
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:16:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 44Punk:

Originally Posted By southeast_scrounger:

Thats the one.

Berretta 93R

Technical features

Caliber: 9 mm Parabellum
Method of fire: semi-automatic in single shot,
or fully automatic in controlled bursts of three
rounds
Locking system: hinged locking block
Overall length: 240 mm
Barrel length: with flash-hider and muzzle brake, 156 mm
Length of sight line: 160 mm
Metal stock length: 368 mm
Metal stock (folded) length: 195 mm
Height: with 20 rds magazine, 170 mm
Width: 37 mm
Weight: with 20 rds empty magazine, 1170 gr
Folding metal stock weight: 270 gr
Safety: a) manual, blocking the sear
b) inertial firing pin
Selector: a) semi-automatic fire
b) controlled bursts of 3 rds
Magazine: staggered, 20 rds
Rate of fire: about 110 rds/min
Sights: front: blade
rear: V notch
Vo: 375 m/sec
Eo: 55 kgm
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:27:46 PM EDT
Blah climax. They could have done much better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:50:04 PM EDT
Isn't Marky Mark a convicted felon?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:54:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pieceofstink:

Yeah in the movie Boogie Nights.
Top Top