Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2013 5:11:21 AM EDT
Went looking for information on a third movie after, turns out it has been given the go-ahead, and the director is on board as long as he gets to make it an "Empire Strikes Back" sort of thing.

I actually liked it better the second time around than I did when I saw it at the theatre. When watching the extras, they addressed the idea that in the movie, all of that was basically taking place in a closed server with no connection to the Internet, which would make for some interesting ideas if they were to get connected.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:18:49 AM EDT
I thought it was a great movie. Saw it in the theaters in Hawaii with my parents. Paid the extra for 3-D and it was totally worth it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:22:48 AM EDT
Legacy was an excellent movie for what it was. No, it was not a cinematic masterpiece, neither was the first movie, but both appealed to my inner nerd quite well.

The soundtrack should have gotten an Oscar though, I hope they bring Daft Punk back for the third movie.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:24:07 AM EDT
Watched it the other day.. Very enjoyable movie..
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:25:34 AM EDT

Yeah. She hot.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:28:38 AM EDT
the internet... a place to visit.... ohhhh the stories that would be told
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:29:07 AM EDT

Yes.... Yes she is...
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:32:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By RevDeadCorpse:

Yes.... Yes she is...

X eleventy billion
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:34:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By anesvick:
Legacy was an excellent movie for what it was. No, it was not a cinematic masterpiece, neither was the first movie, but both appealed to my inner nerd quite well.

The soundtrack should have gotten an Oscar though, I hope they bring Daft Punk back for the third movie.

That's the director's plan, if they're available to do it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:37:26 AM EDT
I think Tron Legacy is one of the few, if only, new "return to source / reboot" movies that hasn't sucked balls.

My concern is how well a third one will stand without Bridges. For as good as Legacy was, Bridges was the soul of the movie just like the first one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:47:02 AM EDT
Solid movie in my book, I wouldn't own it on DVD if it wasn't
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 5:50:24 AM EDT
Eye candy, but not much else IMHO.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:10:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
I think Tron Legacy is one of the few, if only, new "return to source / reboot" movies that hasn't sucked balls.

My concern is how well a third one will stand without Bridges. For as good as Legacy was, Bridges was the soul of the movie just like the first one.

It's about living in a computer where everything is stored as data. I'm sure if they wanted to bring bridges back they could. They could do a matrix revolutions "billion bridges" and it would be plausible. Not saying they should but given the circumstance I don't think it's at all impossible.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:20:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DJinGA:
Eye candy, but not much else IMHO.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17800000/-Tron-Legacy-tron-legacy-17866029-1600-1200.jpg

Eye candy has a quality of its own.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:26:55 PM EDT
The visuals in that movie were outstanding. They did it right. It paid tribute to the original while being rendered with a distinct flavor of modernity.

The effects on Bridges as CLU were something to behold. I think the story was very interesting, too. I had trouble getting past the kid and female lead and all that stuff.

It's hard to make a sequel to a movie as iconic as "TRON." I give them props for trying. I don't think it is by any means the worst sequel that has ever been made, but one wonders whether it was necessary to make it at all.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:31:47 PM EDT
I really dug Tron Legacy. Really well done; stunning visuals and the best soundtrack in years.

Is a sequel confirmed? I'm in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:32:11 PM EDT

It was a direct sequel and what makes you think Bridges won't be back?
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:45:57 PM EDT
Cgi eye candy.. but done right.

Outstanding visuals and soundtrack, great movie.

This was a movie where cgi was appropriate.. not stupid flying movies with jets making impossible turns/flips/rolls that are obviously fake..
or cars "drifting"/crashing etc.. its all cgi and it looks like shit, and I HATE those movies.

the cgi actually belonged and went well with this movie.. in fact that reminds me I need to go buy the bluray :)
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 6:48:23 PM EDT
As someone who was the right age to enjoy it, teens, when the first one came out, I enjoyed revisiting Tron. It was pleasantly nostalgic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:00:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KevinCa316:

Bridges will be back IMO, the money will be just too good.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:07:11 PM EDT
Simple, unremarkable plot.

One heck of an audio visual treat however, and I have ZERO problem with that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:12:46 PM EDT
Good flick, but I had a hard time getting past the Tron Lebowski.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:15:13 PM EDT
I have a nice sound system with 2 big subwoofers. It sounds *awesome*. I've probably watched that movie more times in the last 2 years than any other. The Blu-ray disc is phenomenal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:16:16 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Slateman:
I thought it was a great movie. Saw it in the theaters in Hawaii with my parents. Paid the extra for 3-D and it was totally worth it.

Gem's butt in 3D
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 7:29:40 PM EDT
one of my top 10 movies. would leave it on in the background all day long if i could. love the music.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:35:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By fatkid35:
one of my top 10 movies. would leave it on in the background all day long if i could. love the music.

I love the music so much I purchased the soundtrack. In before the "you should have stole it" folks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:39:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BulletBait:
Originally Posted By KevinCa316:

Bridges will be back IMO, the money will be just too good.

He could be in it and not even show up... They could totally CGI him...
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:50:32 PM EDT
The duality of man.

Self-sacrifice, sacrificing of the self for the benefit of others: this is a very good theme.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 7:47:18 PM EDT
My daughter and I love this movie.
The soundtrack is amazing. If you listen to other stuff you will hear the music used in a lot of things. Top Gear is one of them.
Top Top