Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 7:10:17 AM EDT
I know that some here have railed against them for being "PC" and "Liberal Communist Pantywaists"  

But here in OKC both stores had them in prominent view.

So maybe it was just some of the stores (think Berkley!)

but not here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#1]
never mind
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It IS #1 on the NYT Best Seller list, those who complained they couldn't find it probably went to stores that were just OUT of it.

And there were entire PALLETs of them at our two local COSTCO's
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#3]
That's suprising....even here in Nashville, I was unable to find it without pulling out a map, compass and gps unit. However...the Clinton book and several others that I don't recall now but stunk of liberalism were placed prominently in the front of the store.---Lane
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's suprising....even here in Nashville, I was unable to find it without pulling out a map, compass and gps unit. However...the Clinton book and several others that I don't recall now but stunk of liberalism were placed prominently in the front of the store.---Lane

Did you ask customer service?  Or check their store locator?  If you did you would have probably found that they are just out,  and they have Clinton and Kerry's books because they are just NOT selling.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to barnes and nobel last weekend. They had it on a table right in front of the entrance. First book you see when you walk in.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I took the GF's daughter to Waldenbooks last week and "Unfit for Command" was prominently displayed just inside the front door-and 3 people walked in and bought copies in the 20-25 minutes we were there.

Also, yesterday I had to drive to Tucson (home of U of A) for a delivery and I lost count of pro-Bush bumper stickers, saw a total of 3 pro-Skerry stickers-including one that read, "Save America-Defeat Bush"
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course it is...it is a money maker right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top