Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/30/2004 11:48:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 11:50:16 AM EST by ajm1911]
The guy is transfering two Glock 17 with an adjustable telestock. He is saying that is an AOW with a $200 tax stamp. I thought that a pistol with a stock was a SBR. Please help me out. Is he full of it or only confused about the config of the pistol he is selling?
linky
linky
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:51:53 AM EST
If it is a pistol with a stock it is (or should be) registered as a SBR.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:54:09 AM EST
it would be an AOW if it only had the foregrip

AOW's can not have stocks attatched, ever. if it has a stock it is a SBR or SBS
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:57:20 AM EST
Hmmmm.... Not a Glock-guru, but this guy is saying that he has 'switches' that can covert G-17s
to full-auto, for law enforcement offices.

Does this smell like or did Glock make fully-automatic capable pistols besides the Glock 18?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:00:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 12:02:11 PM EST by viper5194]
Is that really considered a forgrip? J/K

Its actualy an extra magazine, just a nifty way to attach it to the gun . LOL

Wonder if it would actualy be considered a foregrip. Hell, some of those laser device laser, flashlight combos are so big they may be considered forgrips

i believe glock made FA switches that installed into the action and where simply operated by moving a switch on the back of the action. Ive seen them on gunbroker before but they are NFA....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:06:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tanker06:
Hmmmm.... Not a Glock-guru, but this guy is saying that he has 'switches' that can covert G-17s

Does this smell like or did Glock make fully-automatic capable pistols besides the Glock 18?

It's not BS. Glock pistols are fairly easy to convert to full-auto. There are companies who sell what amounts to a piece of tool steel inserted at the rear of the slide that renders a Glock capable of full-auto fire. I think an automatic G20C would kick azz........
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:08:50 PM EST

Originally Posted By viper5194:
Is that really considered a forgrip? J/K

Its actualy an extra magazine, just a nifty way to attach it to the gun . LOL

That concept was taken from the full-auto variant of the CZ75.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:10:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By LRGunner:

It's not BS. Glock pistols are fairly easy to convert to full-auto. There are companies who sell what amounts to a piece of tool steel inserted at the rear of the slide that renders a Glock capable of full-auto fire. I think an automatic G20C would kick azz........

I believe Hesse made one sometime ago. Don't know how legal it is, though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:12:23 PM EST

G18 is the G17 with the switch, I believe him
Top Top