Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 10:14:37 PM EDT

I thought it was pretty good and "The Rock" did a good job acting in it.  The gun handling was also pretty good for the most part.

Overall it was good old fashioned good guy vs bad guy, ass kicking  movie!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
YEA good flick, did you see the beta mag during that big shoot?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
YEA good flick, did you see the beta mag during that big shoot?

Uh, there were guns in that scene???

Yup, I saw it, must have been the 1000 round model...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got finished watching it too. Real good movie, i live about 30 miles from Mcnairy co. where Buford Pusser WALKED TALL. The Rock played a excellent role, good gun play , especialy the jailhouse shoot, i will most definately buy the DVD when it comes out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you see the first film with Gary Don Baker in it?

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
damn 1000 round model, where can I get one?

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I liked the movie but thought it was far too short. Only about 75 minutes long not counting all the intro and movie end stuff. It would have been better with about 20 minutes or more movie. When it was done, I just sat there saying "is that it?".
Good action scenes and my favorite was the "shooting up Police Station" scene.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#7]
It was nothing like the original, I mean a black guy sheriff in early 70s mcnary county Tn.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Did you see the first film with Gary Don Baker in it?

Bob

Nope ..... But I did see the one with Joe Don Baker in it
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:05:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just got finished watching it too. Real good movie, i live about 30 miles from Mcnairy co. where Buford Pusser WALKED TALL. The Rock played a excellent role, good gun play , especialy the jailhouse shoot, i will most definately buy the DVD when it comes out.

FYI, the DVD is out.  I bought it at Wally World on Friday.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI, the DVD is out.  I bought it at Wally World on Friday.  

Thanks SgtKiwi im all over it
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was nothing like the original, I mean a black guy sheriff in early 70s mcnary county Tn.

I never knew that they made Cadillac Escaldes in the '70s???????  
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:24:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I never knew that they made Cadillac Escaldes in the '70s???????  

That was a Coup deville Escalade
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#13]
It wasen't set in the 70's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I personally liked the shotgun fight in the Rocks' family livingroom between Johnny Knoxville and the 2nd string badguy.  Both were scared shitless, lying on their backs on the floor, just sticking the gun up every few seconds and blasting off a shot.  All they hit were lamps, the ceiling, a window, etc.  I thought it was funny because that's probably more like a real gunfight involving non-trained people than most of what you see on television.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:09:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I really liked the flick.  Two thumbs up.  I really like watching the peoples champion, so I pretty much like any movie he does... and hope he does many more.  Cool guy if you read about his life.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Haven't seen it yet.............might  just have to go rent it tonight !
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:34:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I like the movie but it would be unfair to compare it to the emotionally-charged original where Buford Pusser's wife got her head blown off and he got severely wounded. The most poignant scene in the original was where Buford's young son marched down the hallway of the hospital and stood guard outside his dad's room with a .22 rifle.

Powerful stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top