Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2004 7:32:12 AM EST
Okay I’ll admit right now that the following is the ranting of a retired person who may just have too much time on his hands. I don’t post here often as you can see by the count. Something this morning just caught my eye. It was a post from someone living in a state that still has a AWB. The poster stated that he was sick of hearing about how everyone else was having such a good time with their weapons of choice while he in his state could do nothing. Okay I’m paraphrasing this but I think we’ve all seen something like it.

This is an open message to everyone, especially those in states that still have an AWB. We all have choices in our lives. There isn’t a group out there that dictates what we read, what we do for a living, where we eat, where we live. It is up to each one of us to make the most out of our lives. We as a group of individuals who like to own weapons and shoot like to sit back for the most part and moan about what others are doing to us. When was the last time you voted? Take a page from the very people that you have a problem with. The spouse of a murder victim decided to run for public office, and won. There are several elected officials who without any prior experience decided to run for office after the death of a loved one. You have to admire these people as they as individuals believed in something so much that they were willing to make a change. Are you? It is very easy to sit back and bemoan the problems of today. I live in a state where there is an AWB, pity me. Instead of pity, work for change in your state. Run for office. If you can’t or don’t want to do that find a person that will and back him or her. Do something instead of sitting around and complaining about it.

Don’t think for a moment that the very folks we have in office now aren’t in their backrooms planning of a new revised AWB. This is tough love; you are either part of the problem, or part of the solution. As long as you sit back and do nothing but complain, you’re part of the problem. You need to become part of the solution. Get out and vote. Either run for public office or help those who are. I’m as guilty as anyone. I’m a life member of the NRA and I thought that would be enough. But it isn’t that simple.

We need to live in a land where the laws are fair and just for everyone. It’s time to make sure our way of life is secured. It’s time to stop living in fear. There is a middle ground out there folks, we just have to find it. More states now than ever have a shall issue CCW. It’s a good start.

I know I’ll piss off a lot of people with what I’ve said. But that’s the beauty of living in the US. I get to say what’s on my mind just as everyone else does. I’ve said my piece, now I’m going to the range…
Top Top