Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 2:25:45 PM EDT
I drove an hour to the Harrisburg gunshow today...

I bought two AR kits (less receiver) from M & A Parts...

Took them out to the truck and went back to shopping...

Spent a coupla hundred more bux, and left the show.

I drove the hour home, an prepared to build two AR15's tonight...

After digging through all the bags, I discover that they (M & A) forgot to include the bolt/carrier assys and charging handles for the two kits...
I also find 1 buttstock spacer & screw missing, along with 1 selector detent...

Now I 'gotta drive to Harrisburg AGAIN tomorrow and try to convince the guy he screwed up.

Hope he doesn't give me a hard time...It could get pretty ugly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:50:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like DPMS and RRA stuff to me...

Real nice stuff...
The uppers are a dead-ringer match to my RRA lowers...

I'll get a pic of them in a few minutes...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Here ya go...
They are still slimy and dirty. Need to wash them down and spray with WD-40...

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=7187&iGalleryUnq=901&iImageUnq=20524[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=7187&iGalleryUnq=901&iImageUnq=20523[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=7187&iGalleryUnq=901&iImageUnq=20522[/img]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Bad luck. Are they parking in the Farm Complex lot or across the street? The weather tomorrow is supposed to be pretty ugly.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bad luck. Are they parking in the Farm Complex lot or across the street? The weather tomorrow is supposed to be pretty ugly.
View Quote

My best advice:

Go through the gate, pay the $5 to park, and drive dead-straight until you can't go anymore.
It will put you closer to the door...
I made the mistake of parking where I "thought" the entrance was, and ended up walking a quarter mile. [:D]
I later was able to move my truck to within 200ft of the door...
They are using the old building. It still wreaks of cow manure from the recent farm show...Watch out for the cow pies all over the parking lot. [:D]

Edit to add:

WOO HOO !
I just installed a Ciener .22 kit in the MG...
What a friggin blast !
Suppressed full auto .22LR is COOL !

I took it out in the garage and  dumped a whopping 10rds into a wet towel stuffed in the corner. [:D]

Hehe, that was cool...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Suppressed full auto .22LR is COOL !

View Quote

Yeah Art, nothing like low recoil to make it fun to rock'n'roll. Now, go clean all the lead out of your barrell. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top