Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 3:38:54 AM EDT
. . . and yes, I listen to NPR, it is the only station that I can get with news on it (if you can call it that).  They had an editorial by a reporter who was being critical of the DoD for not allowing access to the caskets of soldiers returning home or the funerals of those same soldiers.

Technically, he may be right.  Our laws guarantee the right to print pretty much anything and to take pictures of most anything the government does.  But I feel in my heart that this is wrong.  

The pictures of the caskets and the media presence at the funerals will not make us greater as a nation they will only allow those with an extreme left agenda to abuse the bodies of the dead and the grief of those who have lost a loved one.  They accuse us of attempting to hide the bodies out of shame, but their intent is to do in a veiled fashion what the terrorists do openly and drag the bodies of the dead service members through the streets and scream about how it is all Bush's fault and how this sodlier should have shot his officers.

There certainly are times that I wish our laws were different, just for the sake of those who will have to suffer the depredations of the wolves in sheeps clothing that are the media.

If I should die before you wake,
I pray my standard you would take.

Finish the journey I did begin
Honor my memory once again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I see nothing wrong with keeping the media away. It's hard enough losing a loved one,and the last thing you want is the media turning it into a circus. Our men and women have served honorably and paid the ultimate sacrifice,they don't need the jackels desicrating their memories or their service,just so they can prove their agenda.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top