Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 3:13:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 3:31:44 AM EDT by desertmoon]
Oy, I suppose it is about time I do my own dinner pic....I don't recall having done one yet.

This is for the single folks or burger lovers out there that are tired of the same ground beef/chuck fare.

Yeah, it's a burger...but it's no ordinary burger....

This...........
IS THE BURGER OF LOVE.

You'll need: Hickory salt, all spice or Greek or Oregano seasoning, season all, minced garlic, minced onion, Lee Perrin's sauce ( Worchestershire Sauce ), A1 sauce, shredded bacon bits ( real bacon ), ground pepper, dried Sage, and a half pound of ground chuck or ground beef and some olive oil, or your favorite cooking oil. If you are using the grill don't sweat the olive oil....unless you love it as much as I do.

take your half pound bit of ground beef and add the following:

A pich of this:
1. Dried sage.
a pinch is literally a pinch in this case

A dash of each of these:
1. Hickory salt
2. All Spice ( or any mixed spice or Oregano or Greek or Italian seasoning )
3. Season All
4. Minced garlic ( you can buy a little jar of pre minced onion and pre minced minced garlic at Wal Mart, it lasts forever and it's much better than the dried stuff, though in this case I did use dried onion.
5. Fresh gound black pepper
A dash shall be defined as 1/3 of a 1/8th tsp. measureing spoon. In other words about 3 or 4 healthy pinches.

A splash of this:
1. Lee Perrin's ( Worchestershire Sauce )
Literally a splash

And a tablespoon of ground bacon.

now you have this ( sans the Auto Mag and the Blackjack Classic #1-7 )

Take the whole mess and knead it all together for a minute or so and then make a giant meatball out of it. Pour some A1 sauce over the meatball and lovingly guild said meatball with the A! sauce. Now, flatten the meatball out unitl it is a nice wide patty.

Cook to your liking, slowly and gently over a heat not too far above medium. Drain off the excess fat and squeezins' after about four or five minutes then flip and drain again after another few....then cook it the rest of the way or to where you like it. Most guys make the mistake of cooking on high...don't so this. Meat is to be loved not brutalized. If you are cooking in a pan, add a bit of Olive oil to a pan alread warmed to temperature and the let oil heat up for about one and a half minutes. I highly reccommend cooking in cast iron for those of you who don't, you don't know what you are missing.

Here is the simple, cheap and much tastier than normal Burger of Love. Feel free to serve with your favorite side. I have a small stomach so I usually just have the burger.

Note that I toast the bun in a dry, cast iron skillet that is warmed on medium high. Pay attention if you do this, it takes only about 90 seconds to toast. Place the toated buns toasted side DOWN on a napkin or paper towel until the burger is done. If you set a toasted bun on a plate with the outside of the bun facing down the steam in the bun will condense and make for a soggy bun.....yuck.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:27:20 AM EDT
Little early for dinner...

Breakfast maybe...

or midnight snack...

Too tired to post coherently... I mean me
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:29:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 3:30:30 AM EDT by desertmoon]

Originally Posted By Master_of_Orion:
Little early for dinner...

Breakfast maybe...

or midnight snack...

Too tired to post coherently... I mean me

Yeah, I'll probably bump it at around 10 or 11 this morning....I just got REALLY bored so I made a burger and thought I'd so write up....as I said.....I am REALLY bored!

Your avatar is really cool, by the way!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:48:32 AM EDT
Thanks

I think your the first to comment

The burger looks tasty too
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:06:52 AM EDT
No boobies, -2
No extra mags. -1
No stapler. -1
Milk (?) -2

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:44:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:48:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By brasspile:
me likes

By the burger connesuer, for the burger connesuer......
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:50:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NFBBM:
No boobies, -2
No extra mags. -1
No stapler. -1
Milk (?) -2

I do have two extras...mags, that is.

I do have man boobies.

Where the hell's the stapler?

Hey! It's EXTRA FAT milk!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:06:29 AM EDT
You didn't cook your burger on the grill?

What were you thinking? Are you a commie?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:21:44 AM EDT
Is that a Randall? If so, I give it a 10/10 .

Regards,

Justin

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:25:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Max_Power:
You didn't cook your burger on the grill?

What were you thinking? Are you a commie?

No comrade errr, buddy ...I live in an apartment.....so I use cast iron.....
IS THAT AMERICAN ENOUGH FOR YOUUUUUUU!!!????????
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:28:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Regards,

Justin

Not quite, it is a copy of the Randall manufactured by the long defunct Effingham, IL. company, Blackjack Knives. It is a gorgeous piece with an utterly flawless, convex ground blade.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:00:15 AM EDT
Cast Iron is the way to go if not grilling, and 10 times better than non stick pans. I grew up with my family using it, and now I use it as much as possible. And I finally got my wife to use it.

My burger 101- Start out with the Desertmoon's above burger recipe but- make two thin patties, cut a tab of real butter, put on one patty, put the other patty on top and seal the edges, then place on grill, medium heat (I prefer my Traeger grill) comes out awesome.

Steven
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 9:59:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

Originally Posted By NFBBM:
No boobies, -2
No extra mags. -1
No stapler. -1
Milk (?) -2

I do have two extras...mags, that is.

I do have man boobies.

Where the hell's the stapler?

Hey! It's EXTRA FAT milk!

That would have been a -15K for moobies.

And since it's EXTRA FAT milk, +3

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:03:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CitySlicker:

Regards,

Justin

Not quite, it is a copy of the Randall manufactured by the long defunct Effingham, IL. company, Blackjack Knives. It is a gorgeous piece with an utterly flawless, convex ground blade.

That's a convincing copy. Impressive work.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:25:34 AM EDT
Mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Looks yummy!!! Are you sure you don't want me to burn you a side dish to go with that?
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:01:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Makarov_Mami:
Mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Looks yummy!!! Are you sure you don't want me to burn you a side dish to go with that?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:15:50 AM EDT

HOO HOO!!! Didn't I TELL YOU to sing to your food!!! WHAT DID YOU DOOOO?

You left it there....all sad and alone.....poor food. I'll bet it's little heart ( and the rest of it ) burned up from sadness!

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:25:52 AM EDT
Actually, what happened is that I'm so hot that when I stuck my finger in the pot to taste it, it just overheated out of control... Yeah, THAT's it...

(And before anyone flames me for me stuck on myself, THE ABOVE IS JUST A JOKE!)
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:51:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/22/2005 1:53:34 AM EDT by desertmoon]

Actually, what happened is that I'm so hot that when I stuck my finger in the pot to taste it, it just overheated out of control... Yeah, THAT's it...

(And before anyone flames me for me stuck on myself, THE ABOVE IS JUST A JOKE!)

Just had to move to Texas, didn'cha???
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:58:35 AM EDT

Oy, I suppose it is about time I do my own dinner pic....I don't recall having done one yet.

This is for the single folks or burger lovers out there that are tired of the same ground beef/chuck fare.

Yeah, it's a burger...but it's no ordinary burger....

This...........
IS THE BURGER OF LOVE.

You'll need: Hickory salt, all spice or Greek or Oregano seasoning, season all, minced garlic, minced onion, Lee Perrin's sauce ( Worchestershire Sauce ), A1 sauce, shredded bacon bits ( real bacon ), ground pepper, dried Sage, and a half pound of ground chuck or ground beef and some olive oil, or your favorite cooking oil. If you are using the grill don't sweat the olive oil....unless you love it as much as I do.

take your half pound bit of ground beef and add the following:

A pich of this:
1. Dried sage.
a pinch is literally a pinch in this case

A dash of each of these:
1. Hickory salt
2. All Spice ( or any mixed spice or Oregano or Greek or Italian seasoning )
3. Season All
4. Minced garlic ( you can buy a little jar of pre minced onion and pre minced minced garlic at Wal Mart, it lasts forever and it's much better than the dried stuff, though in this case I did use dried onion.
5. Fresh gound black pepper
A dash shall be defined as 1/3 of a 1/8th tsp. measureing spoon. In other words about 3 or 4 healthy pinches.

A splash of this:
1. Lee Perrin's ( Worchestershire Sauce )
Literally a splash

And a tablespoon of ground bacon.

now you have this ( sans the Auto Mag and the Blackjack Classic #1-7 )
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38607

Take the whole mess and knead it all together for a minute or so and then make a giant meatball out of it. Pour some A1 sauce over the meatball and lovingly guild said meatball with the A! sauce. Now, flatten the meatball out unitl it is a nice wide patty.

Cook to your liking, slowly and gently over a heat not too far above medium. Drain off the excess fat and squeezins' after about four or five minutes then flip and drain again after another few....then cook it the rest of the way or to where you like it. Most guys make the mistake of cooking on high...don't so this. Meat is to be loved not brutalized. If you are cooking in a pan, add a bit of Olive oil to a pan alread warmed to temperature and the let oil heat up for about one and a half minutes. I highly reccommend cooking in cast iron for those of you who don't, you don't know what you are missing.

Here is the simple, cheap and much tastier than normal Burger of Love. Feel free to serve with your favorite side. I have a small stomach so I usually just have the burger.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=38608

Note that I toast the bun in a dry, cast iron skillet that is warmed on medium high. Pay attention if you do this, it takes only about 90 seconds to toast. Place the toated buns toasted side DOWN on a napkin or paper towel until the burger is done. If you set a toasted bun on a plate with the outside of the bun facing down the steam in the bun will condense and make for a soggy bun.....yuck.

Sorry but no spare mag. -10
Top Top