Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 2:57:48 AM EDT
He is starting to open up neighborhoods in New Orleans for residents to return even though:

1.  Vice Admiral on the ground says there is too much e-coli and fecal cholera in the city
2.  Hospitals are not equipped to handle outbreaks of disease (see #1)
3.  Emergency services (police, fire, and ems) were seriously depleted in man power and equipment
4.  No Potable water
5.  There is a tropical depression heading for southern FL that will end up in the Gulf
6.  The levees are holding back water with sandbags.

Is he going to be complaining about the Feds when he has to evacuate all these residents again in about a week?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Nagin is an asshat
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I personally do not think the feds have the legal right to keep these people away from their homes and jobs. I also do not think that the feds are responsible for the welfare of the people returning.

As always, it’s your own ass. Look after it as you see fit.

And yes, Nagin is a total retard
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I personally do not think the feds have the legal right to keep these people away from their homes and jobs. I also do not think that the feds are responsible for the welfare of the people returning.

You're right, that's why the feds aren't stopping anyone.  It's Nagin's decision, in spite of the numerous and adamant recomendations to the contrary by people who know what they're talking about (atleast more so than asshat Nagin).
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Nagin is an idiot of Biblical proportion.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
I just heard on the radio that there about 200 evacuees left in Dallas that are having a hard time being placed anywhere, due to the fact that they either have bad credit or have criminal records. Seems to me that Hizzoner ought to be able to find a place for only 200 of his own constituents.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm struggling to come with a better word than "idiot" to describe Mayor Nagin. "Idiot" just doesn't seem harsh enough. I guess it will have to do for now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm struggling to come with a better word than "idiot" to describe Mayor Nagin. "Idiot" just doesn't seem harsh enough. I guess it will have to do for now.

Has anyone checked to see if he has some sort of offshore bank account? How can NO be broke? They sure didn't spend money on the levees.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:17:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Nagin is an asshat

+1000
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:20:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Nagin and Chief Charles Moose should be 2008 running-mates for President on the Asshat ticket.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:23:37 AM EDT
[#11]
arggggghhhhh,  the worst part is that when the votes kick him to the curb, he will become a texas resident, as he already bought a house in dallas.

TXL
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:24:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:24:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nagin and Chief Charles Moose should be 2008 running-mates for President on the Asshat ticket.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:30:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#15]
There is no unit of measure that can accurately describe it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Ray Nagan wants money - pure and simple.  The city is broke and he knows that tax revenues are dwindling with each passing day there are no businesses or people rebuilding.  Since most of the housing is condemned, property taxes are going to be worthless too.  This guy is an opportunist and is looking at the money side of life regardless of the human toll.  That was evident when he didn't use the city buses to evacuate NO.  Yeah, Nagan has a plan alright...
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:44:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Isnt Nagin a co-owner of Cox Cable? I thought I heard someone say that.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:52:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Ray Nagan wants money - pure and simple.  The city is broke and he knows that tax revenues are dwindling with each passing day there are no businesses or people rebuilding.  Since most of the housing is condemned, property taxes are going to be worthless too.  This guy is an opportunist and is looking at the money side of life regardless of the human toll.  That was evident when he didn't use the city buses to evacuate NO.  Yeah, Nagan has a plan alright...

Bingo!!!! We have a winner.

It is all about money.

When in doubt, follow the money as they say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top