Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2008 3:36:31 PM EDT
A line of storms headed NE through central Kansas. Just waiting for out turn to hit the shelter.

I hate this. The wife is going apeshit, as she is absolutely terrified of storms. Mostly 'cause she can't feel like she can protect our children in this.
edited to correct spelling
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck...the shelter should be OK for protection.

HH
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A line of storms headed NE through central Kansas. Just waiting for out turn to hit the shelter.

I hate this. The wife is going apeshit, as she is absolutely terrified of storms. Mostly 'cause she can't feel like she can protect out children in this.

Can I have your ammo?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
It's going to be a loooonnnnggg night.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh....shouldn't that be more like 'Bug IN' siren?  I know the last place I want to go when the sirens go off is OUT into that shit!

Good luck to all of us in the path of these storms.....
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I actually got to see a funnel for the first time Tuesday evening while driving.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hate this. The wife is going apeshit, as she is absolutely terrified of storms. Mostly 'cause she can't feel like she can protect out children in this.

Can I have your ammo?

Son of a bitch, do you have a job or is this just what you do during the spring????

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

God I feel for ya'll guys in the midwest. It seems every damn night they're are twisters in your areas. We had just one close call so far where I live this season and that was enough. I'm seriously considering haveing a small shelter installed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I have your ammo?

Son of a bitch, do you have a job or is this just what you do during the spring????

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, we're back in the house. However, we've already had a severe thunderstorm warning re-sissued, not more than 5 minutes after leaving the shelter.
Might be a long night, but hopefully not.

Nope, ya can't have my ammo.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
About an hour ago I had a wall cloud try to spit out a tornado about 500 feet from my house.  I feel the OP's pain with the wife issue.  Mine freaks out and then the kids freak out.  That mother hen instinct is strong!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#11]
what part of central kansas are you from? My folks called from north of newton to let me know all my shit was still intact. We faired well, excepting for the rain. Here in topeka life is pretty good. Rain and such, but who cares about rain?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Weather radio went off for the first time today about fifteen minutes ago.  Tornado watch until 5:00 AM tomorrow morning. Yay!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what part of central kansas are you from? My folks called from north of newton to let me know all my shit was still intact. We faired well, excepting for the rain. Here in topeka life is pretty good. Rain and such, but who cares about rain?

Actually, we're an hour straight North of you at the US36/75 junction.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in the same storm system in central OK....dog is curled up under my feet......I can't walk 10 feet without company
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Going to be a stormy night in the mid-section.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Going to be a stormy night in the mid-section.

junior.apk.net/~scotts/usa.gif

I'm in that red section in central Iowa, storm sirens are blaring right now!!!

I think I'll stay right here with you guys.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]

This could be worse than Y2K.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
maps.wunderground.com/data/ndfdimages/Wx200806060600_us.png

This could be worse than Y2K.

Ever notice on their maps the whole country is covered in smoke?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Second very heavy rain, and wind since midnight in Southeastern Minnesota, Northern Iowa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top