Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2004 9:51:34 AM EDT
Anyone else had this done to put in a new tooth?  What do I have to look forward to?

Drilled on me for what seemed like forever, screwed in this stainless steel or titanium screw, sewed my gums back together and told me not to do anything strenuous for a couple of days.

Oh well, I guess I'll just have to clean the Yugo M59 sks that was delivered from Aim yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Ouch!   Feel better soon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a screw, but I did have a tooth rebuilt where they removed it, put in a post, and built a new foundation for a crown.   Not fun.

BTW, don't eat a "whopper" right after the surgery no matter how good your pain meds are.  I had to throw that shirt away.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't have a screw, but I did have a tooth rebuilt where they removed it, put in a post, and built a new foundation for a crown.   Not fun.

BTW, don't eat a "whopper" right after the surgery no matter how good your pain meds are.  I had to throw that shirt away.  

Stopped at Burger King on my way home but all I got was a Chocolate shake.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, after oral surgery keep to soft foods, preferrably cold.  I had all of my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago and learned.  

Also keep some paper towels around... since the whole lower half of my face was completely numb, drooling was a problem.   And if the nurse tells you to eat something when you take your pain meds... DO IT.   They gave me some hydrocodone and she told me to eat... but I took some right before she called to check up on me.  I said I felt fine.  Not long after, I was hurling in the sink.  Not a pleasant experience.   Though the painkillers worked great!  
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:12:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yeah, after oral surgery keep to soft foods, preferrably cold.  I had all of my wisdom teeth out a couple years ago and learned.  

Also keep some paper towels around... since the whole lower half of my face was completely numb, drooling was a problem.   And if the nurse tells you to eat something when you take your pain meds... DO IT.   They gave me some hydrocodone and she told me to eat... but I took some right before she called to check up on me.  I said I felt fine.  Not long after, I was hurling in the sink.  Not a pleasant experience.   Though the painkillers worked great!  

Yea, that's exactly what they told me.  

I don't have a problem taking the pain meds, I use the same ones for a back problem I have.

I'm eating a chocolate shake right now with a spoon and drooling all over the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top