Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/6/2005 5:02:27 PM EDT
I bought the Linksys wireless G and everything works fine, but I cant print from a remote laptop (it can access the internet, though) using Win XP to my computer (uses Win ME ) that has the printer wired to it. Any help is appreciated in getting the laptop to print to the printer. I checked with Linksys, but their help section sucks. You guys are better.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:04:31 PM EDT
I have the same router and both my computers are running XP. As far as I've been able to find, it can't be done. It's just a router for internet for the laptop, not a wireless network. I could be wrong but I'm pretty good with computers and can't figure it out.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:16:05 PM EDT
Don't know how, but my laptop would print when I uses an Linksys wireless router. Just pressed print and it worked. Now use a wireless system of internet provoder instead of Linksys and no workee
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:26:54 PM EDT
you need a linksys wireless print server about 125.00 from best buy
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:27:55 PM EDT
I (with the help of a friend) set up the same system with a Wireless G by Linksys. I thought it would be all I needed, but he said that I needed a print server...bought one and it works. Not sure if there is any way to do it with just the router, but I'd like to know. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2005 6:10:47 PM EDT by kingfish]
Guys, I just got it working!!!!!!!!!!!

I set the XP laptop to Residential gateway and from there the wizard crap thing took over and fixed it. orks like a charm now!

Make sure the stationary PC is set correctly first.

PS, All I have is the router. Pretty cool!

My wife had been nagging me to install the mother so now I got it done and I can breath easy for a day or two.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:12:38 PM EDT
Here are the instructions that I used.
Top Top