Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 9:33:55 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

Yesterday we had a stranger on campus that was unstable, on medication and a felon.  He is a convicted arsonist.  We were able to locate him and move him off the property (with the police involved) within 15 minutes of getting a phone call.  The problem and the reason for this note…is that I’m now hearing that he had been around campus almost all day.  I’ve heard stories of uncomfortable elevator rides, worrisome discussions with students, and sightings in about every building on campus.  When I asked him what he was doing on campus, he said he was “checking basements for spots” and “seeing how secure this place is”.  Our natural tendency as a community was to reach out and bless this person…I did it too.  But we also need to let the appropriate people know immediately so that the procedures that are set up can be put into motion.  Please call me when ever you see potential dangers on campus, no matter how trivial it might seem.

Blessings!

------------------------
Let's reach out and bless this person...  

This campus is full of pacifist hippies.  Wonder how they would have handled the situation if (when) it got out of hand.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Grinnell Lamoni.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you attend a religious school?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes, unfortunately.  I'm a religious person but can't stand the atmosphere here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, unfortunately.  I'm a religious person but can't stand the atmosphere here.
If you're a religious person, you will know that God is with you always. You don't need to go to Him.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be carrying, that shit is scary.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

From what I heard, its not illegal, just against school policy?

Is that right?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're a religious person, you will know that God is with you always. You don't need to go to Him.

Well, He is with me but I must seek Him as well.  Since we have free will we must make the decision to go to Him.  
That being said, I believe I am drawn closer to Him when I am surrounded by non-believers (therefore challenged) more than when I am surrounded by believers like this place.  Especially when the believers are so petty.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that right?

Yes, against school policy.  I'd have to check up on the legality of it, though.

ETA: Iowa ain't the friendliest state when it comes to firearms and conceal carry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that right?

Yes, against school policy.  I'd have to check up on the legality of it, though.

ETA: Iowa ain't the friendliest state when it comes to firearms and conceal carry.

I would rather break a rule then be dead, concealed is concealed
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that right?

I need to get something to conceal first.  Otherwise...  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is that right?

I need to get something to conceal first.  Otherwise...  

I happened upon a S&W 642 it disappears in a pocket, not that I would advocate breaking the law.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, looking at the Iowa Code conceal carry on campus appears to be illegal (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
So that's out the window.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top