Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/9/2005 5:26:39 AM EDT

Dear cptpooby (cptpooby@ar15.com),

In an effort to protect your eBay account security, we have suspended your account until such time that it can be safely restored to you. We have taken this action because your password may have been compromised. Sometimes this happens when members respond to an email asking for personal information. Although those emails appear to come from eBay, they are really sent by people attempting to gain access to your account. Although we cannot disclose our investigative procedures that led to this conclusion, please know that we took this action in order to maintain the safety of your account.

Please change the password that you use on the EMAIL account that you have registered to your eBay account. Make sure that it is also different from the password that you use on your eBay account. By doing this we can ensure that you are the only one that can access any further communication we may have with you.

Once you have taken steps to secure your email, please contact our Live Help team for assistance restoring access to your account. You can reach the Account Theft Live Help team by viewing the page below:

WTF? Anybody know about this?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:30:53 AM EDT
probably a scam email. Does it actually say "cptpooby" or does it say "ebay user" or something like that? Try logging into your account and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:32:19 AM EDT
It is a scam email. Delete it.

You can forward it to whoever handles stuff like that in ebay.

I get those weekly from ebay and PayPal. Sometimes I forward them, sometimes I don't. My ebay and PayPal use are very low right now and I still get them weekly.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:32:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mongo001:
It is a scam email. Delete it.

You can forward it to whoever handles stuff like that in ebay.

I get those weekly from ebay and PayPal. Sometimes I forward them, sometimes I don't. My ebay and PayPal use are very low right now and I still get them weekly.

+1.

It's a scam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:33:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:34:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:34:26 AM EDT
I get a lot of emails claiming to be from ebay, but I have not got one like that. It does sound like a trap though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:34:36 AM EDT
Scam.

The hyperlink below is probably forged and re-directed to some place else.

Just forward the whole e-mail (with headers) to
pages.ebay.com/help/contact_us/_base/index.html?tier0=account_security.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:35:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By UmlautArms:
Why are you using ebay any how... they are ANTI-GUN.. the booted me from PayPal for violation of the WEAPONS and KNIVES section of the policy

I'm not. That account hasnt been used in years. I only use ebay to check prices on stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:38:50 AM EDT
I got one of those..... along with one from paypal, and I am not a paypal user. I deleted both of them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:40:36 AM EDT
sounds PHISHY
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:41:31 AM EDT
I never clicked the link but I went to ebay from the address bar and changed my password anyway. Cant hurt.
Deleted the email and ebay can figure out their crap themselves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:46:02 AM EDT
SCAM
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:47:24 AM EDT
scam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:51:16 AM EDT
scam, you can have some fun and click on the link and type in obscenities and insults though
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:51:18 AM EDT
If there is a link in the e-mail, it won't go to ebay, but to the scammer's website made to look like ebay. You put in your login info, and then they have access to your account. I get one of these scam messages at leat five times a week.

If the e-mail is legit, they will make sure you know it's not a scam. They will include your full name and other personal info in the email so that it's clear they actually know who you are and don't just have an e-mail address.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:53:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AssaultRifler:
scam, you can have some fun and click on the link and type in obscenities and insults though

I wouldn't advise that. Malicious websites can include code on their pages to try and compromise your PC using known Windows security exploits. If you're patched up, the risk is low, but why take the chance? Also, they can have a unique url in each e-mail that can be used to determine who clicked the link, thus verifying your email address.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:54:22 AM EDT
Total scam to get your password, report to spoof@ebay.com
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:05 AM EDT
Oh my god! That's a scam!?! Well, I never . . .
Top Top