Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2002 3:59:17 PM EDT
Well, I just picked it up today (been 21 for about 3 weeks now). @#$%^& 3-day waiting periods. Like someone else's sig says:

Beretta 92FS Inox, NIB $675
Box of Hydra-Shok        $15
Cleaning Kit                   $15

Freedom                  Priceless
Safety                       Priceless

Damm, it looks good. Haven't had a chance to shoot her yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Now, I just have to find a High-cap or 2...

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on a fine purchase!

Welcome on board.  I have an old 92F it's a great sidearm.

Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#2]
VERY NICE!  I love the feel of the Beretta, the look is even classier.  Good luck with the gun!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#3]
And so the addiction begins.
What's your next purchase?
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrats,  I remember my first at about your age. Don't feel too bad about having to wait 3 days, Here in Talifornia its 10.  I have one in there now but already dreams for another.  Its a dredded disease.  Like the old saying goes "one is too many and a million is never enough."
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats, mace. I went to an 8040 with nite eyes, but have had Beretas for years. Good choice. I used break free (clp) and found it to slick up the finish nicely. Let it sit for an hour or so then wipe down good. I had a Centurian that I finally put about 20k rounds through, should have kept that one.

Again congrats, and let us know how you get along with it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations!  92FS was my first gun too.

Remember, its not how you start with, its how many you finish with!  Enjoy!

Embrace the madness.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!!!!  [:)]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#8]
While not my first, one of my favorite!!!!

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid5/pe4e104914980931e466a07b62965b33d/fde2c3ff.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Haven't had a chance to shoot her yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
View Quote

Yeah, I hear ya.  How many of us guys have said that about the wife at one time or another?
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You should have bought you a [b]GLOCK[/b]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent choice.  Congratulations, and welcome!

[beer]

[50]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the insanity [;)],

first bit of advice:

buy more ammo, preferably a case or more I would recommend American Ammo made in Miami, my Glock eats it up with out any problems, I have found Magtech ammo to be too dirty, but YMMV.

Before you go out and carry the sidearm with the Hydra-Shoks run about 200- 250 of them through the gun to see if there might be any problems with them.

Start budgeting for the next purchase, I recommend an AR, a handgun is just a means to fight your way to your rifle [:)]

Congrats
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey mace, you going to change your name?  After all, what do you need mace for now that you've got a real weapon?z
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Good job!  Be safe, have fun, join the GOA.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats on the purchase! Good choice!
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#16]
my first was my Bushmaster AR-15

1 bushy 845.00
1 10 rd clip  comes with the bushy
2 30rd thermolds FREE just for calling in and asking if they had the BUSHY in the 1st place
1 hard case FREE
1 SLING FREE
1 Scope 50.00
1 USAF Colt mag from my dad when he was in the airforce, cost me nothing, but tax payers something.

Freedom of bearing arms!!!!!Not priceless.  it took alot of  from our forfathers to get our rights.  I also predict a future price to keep and have guns.  it aint priceless.

Pray for our leaders, and our military.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#17]
We must be related.  [:)]  I also bought my first gun just after I turned 21: a Beretta 92FS.  I think the Terminator 2 scene in the hallway of the shopping mall helped my decision. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks everyone! Naturally, my next purchase will probably be lots of ammo. I plan on getting one of those cases of 1000rnds. [}:D]. And some more hollowpoint too. And a CCW (around $120 or so here). And I should probably join the NRA. And... Alas, I can only buy so much stuff with one paycheck.  There's lots of other nice guns out there too, but there's just something about the Beretta.

Priceless, as in the Mastercard commercials, is generally used to refer to sales, as in something that is so important that no price can be attached to it.

Mace is actually a nickname I picked up in High School, a natural shortening of my real name, Mason. Since I'm usually bad at making up names, I use Mace on most of the boards that I visit. Not that there's much need for mere chemical sprays with a gun, one real knife, several swiss army type knives, and various blunt objects.

Here's the thing that has me worried: I have noticed that I have a habit of picking up a new hobby every couple of years or so. I gradually become less enthusiastic about the old hobby and more and more interested in the new one. Then again, I have always liked guns, and am only now able to actually get one. But will I find another new hobby 2 years from now? Hmm...

Oh yeah, and here's to no NDs [beer]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#21]
ar50troll,  I think you meen his next 3 purchases
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Haven't had a chance to shoot her yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
View Quote

Yeah, I hear ya.  How many of us guys have said that about the wife at one time or another?
View Quote

Good one, Chairborne!

mace-
here's a link for ya:
[url]http://www.beretta-forum.com/[/url]

Welcome to the Forum.

From another Beretta enthusiast.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Beer_Slayer:

I’ve gone through about 8 or 9 cases in the past year and a half and haven’t had a problem with them yet. I’ve been putting it through a second gen. Glock 19 and an AMT Backup, and it has consistently performed great and clean.
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Congratulations. The Beretta 92FS was my first gun too.  Very nice.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 3/8/2002 2:56:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to the insanity [;)],

first bit of advice:

buy more ammo, preferably a case or more I would recommend American Ammo made in Miami, my Glock eats it up with out any problems, I have found Magtech ammo to be too dirty, but YMMV.

Before you go out and carry the sidearm with the Hydra-Shoks run about 200- 250 of them through the gun to see if there might be any problems with them.

Start budgeting for the next purchase, I recommend an AR, a handgun is just a means to fight your way to your rifle [:)]

Congrats
View Quote

didn't i hear that there lots of problems reported with american ammo in miami? or was that a different company from the same area?

mike
View Quote

Please!  Whatever you do, don't put American brand ammo in your beautiful Beretta.  American Ammo from Miami is some of the worst ammo made.  Check out this old thread for a few comments on it - [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=20548[/url]

For good practice ammo, you can't go wrong with American Eagle by Federal.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top