Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2008 5:06:39 PM EDT
It was a nice day for it, calm to a light breeze and temps in the mid 50s

Of course it was an almost continuous stream of questions from her but was a really nice afternoon spent with her.

Didn't see any deer while we were doing the actual hunting but we did get to see an albino squirrel chasing around with some others ones and a flock of wild turkeys as we were getting done.

Driving out then we get to see 6 deer on someones elses farm.

Had to tell her we need to have respect for their land and the laws of trespassing.

Now in the morning, my son's  gets his 1st chance to go.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That's always great to hear.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for you. I had my little girl, now 5, in the stand with me at 3 years old. She had a good time and then took a nap in my arms we got to see lots of squirrels and hawk or two. She is still a few years away from really wanting to hunt but she loves to go to deer camp.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have very fond memories of deer hunting with my Dad when I was little.

If I had one word of advice to give your little girl it would be this:

Always bring enough tp for two.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Your Kids will never forget the time.

Spoil 'em rotten for us!

Thanks for passing on the tradition.
S-28
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top