Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 4:36:19 AM EDT
The hospital gives questionaires to all patients in the hospital.  They also track patient outcomes.  They then compile the reports to find bad doctors and to take action against them. As well as find areas to improve.  But one of the indicators is patient satisfaction.  Basically how the patient felt the doctor treated them, whether they were responsive to their needs, answered questions etc.

My department average was around 60%

ARDOC = 99.3%

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:38:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Not too shabby.

And the last .7 were probably winy bitches anyways.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not too shabby.

And the last .7 were probably winy bitches anyways.

Actually I think I know who that patient was.  I got into it with the husband because he was pissy that he had to take his wife to the hospital.  I told him, its your kid and wife, where are your fucking priorities.  He didnt take that too kindly and started yelling and security was summoned.  They changed doctors after but she is still trying to get back in.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]

ARDOC = 99.3%

YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds familiar..........my department got 23 "AttaBoy" awards from patients last year.

12 of those were mine!

The other 11 were distributed among 8 other people.

Keep up the Good Work ARDOC!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#4]
It's good to see some people actually value the results of those.  Most people I've been around have shrugged them off as inaccurate.

Bravo and congrats!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
ok how many of the surveys did you fill out for the ones who didn't make it?

congrats
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

congrats

Damn, ok I filled out a "few".  Not many.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#7]
You  must be one of the few who actually LISTENS to patients. Grats on your score. Pizza party at your place?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:01:33 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

congrats

Damn, ok I filled out a "few".  Not many.  

always thought you where from DU!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:01:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You  must be one of the few who actually LISTENS to patients. Grats on your score. Pizza party at your place?

You know it take little efforts to just nod your head as you think about shooting your AR later.  But especially with women you have to listen.  They pick up on that stuff right away.  They know when you are sincere and not.  I will always give the benefit of the doubt to people but then there have been a few I asked to never come back.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:02:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats, the ones that did not approve where the ones that got the jelly finger exam.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife works for a large hospital. She is the the Director of Service Improvment.  She is responsible for patient satisfaction reports.  That is one smoking score!!!!!!!!  My wife is sitting beside me reading this thread, she says "AWESOME JOB, You want a job in GA!"........
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:26:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey,  ARDOC

Way to go!  A number of your patients are probably gross, obnoxious, or otherwise a pain in the a**, and other than that, the healthcare field has it's own internal and external insanities, so I admire your ability to forge through all the crap and pull out such an unheard-of number of well-satisfied patients.  

Think about it, everyone, that's like 149 happy patients out of 150
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Hey,  ARDOC

Way to go!  A number of your patients are probably gross, obnoxious, or otherwise a pain in the a**, and other than that, the healthcare field has it's own internal and external insanities, so I admire your ability to forge through all the crap and pull out such an unheard-of number of well-satisfied patients.  

Think about it, everyone, that's like 149 happy patients out of 150

I usually develop good relationships with my patients.  I get to know them very well. Almost like friends rather then doctor to patients.  I found then you can tell them stuff and they will not take it the wrong way.  If you think someone really cares for you and they tell you, you need to do this, people tend to think of it in a positive way.

You cant get along with everyone and believe me with my temperment I have had my share of run ins with patients and their families. But if the patients like you and consider you more then just their doctor it very different.  

I remember we had a real shitty case and the woman's condition was touch and go.  I went to the waiting room filled with her family and I lost it and started crying.  Her family was consoling me!  Telling me that it would alright!  WTF!  She made it and I see most of the females in her family to this day.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:18 AM EDT
[#14]
You can be my attending any day

eta: obviously I meant i'd be on the team not getting examined by you
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#15]
what kind of doc are you?

sounds like you'd be a good mentor for residency assuming i get accepted to a med. school somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:03:00 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
what kind of doc are you?

He's a cat doctor. Didn't you see that by his Avatar? Now put 2 and 2 together...  

Ardoc - you're right about the "not listening" part. If I even attempt to not pay attention while my wife is talking to me, I'm sure to find out about it very quickly.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know it take little efforts to just nod your head as you think about shooting your AR later.  But especially with women you have to listen.  They pick up on that stuff right away.  They know when you are sincere and not.  I will always give the benefit of the doubt to people but then there have been a few I asked to never come back.

Well, I went thru 6 different doc's before I found one that I was happy with. Most did not have the time of day and the actual contact with the doc was about 30 seconds to a minute. In and out. You'd be lucky to get a question in edgewise. The one I have now always takes the time to see if your problem is caused by something else and always seems to inquire about past treatment and if it worked. I know he's just glancing thru the chart to remember what was what, but he does listen.

All Docs should work for a vet for a month to learn how to interact with families. While not the same thing of course, I've seen vets that could teach most Docs a thing or two about interaction with people. Maybe it's because they see a lot more death because of the shorter life span, and know how people care for their pets.

And there is no pleasing some people, I can't imagine dealing with some of the idiots and chronic complainer's you have to deal with. I see enough of those in the waiting rooms, 100 lbs overweight then complaining that the Doc isn't doing anything for the knee pain, or hip problems. I know most of them [docs]would LOVE to call their patients ---------------- [insert favorite phrase] and kick their butts out but they just cuss under their breath and smile. [I'd probably start thinking about ARs at that point myself] Unfortunately the Doc already knows that chronic complainer will be back in a week, having done nothing he suggested and wanting to try some new and improved wonder drug that will only treat the symptom, not the problem.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#18]
A little bedside manner doesn't kill ya, does it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Why dont they give me these surveys so I tell them what I really think
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:14:19 AM EDT
[#20]
So you're proud of that, are you?  

Actually, that's excellent!  Congratulations on such a high score!  Those numbers would be hard for most people to achieve even if their patients fudged a little bit high.

Good job!

HH
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:22:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Last one of those I filled out I rated the nurses boobies.

The doc I rated high on the jackass scale.   He had someone else's chart.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Something scares me about a vag doc with "satisfied" patients!

Good Job!  Does this equate to a $$ bonus?  My ex is an RN and their patient satisfaction surveys = $$'s!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You know it take little efforts to just nod your head as you think about shooting your AR later.  But especially with women you have to listen.  They pick up on that stuff right away.  They know when you are sincere and not.  

OH...so that explains when I'm driving and the wife says to me..."are you listening to me" and I reply.... "i'm sitting right here" ..and she says..." that doesn't mean your listening to me"  

Way to go Doc
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The hospital gives questionaires to all patients in the hospital.  They also track patient outcomes.  They then compile the reports to find bad doctors and to take action against them. As well as find areas to improve.  But one of the indicators is patient satisfaction.  Basically how the patient felt the doctor treated them, whether they were responsive to their needs, answered questions etc.

ARDOC = 99.3%

hr

Good Job!
Keeping patients happy tends to be such an effort, but the patients appreciate it so much I try my best too.  Hopefully my scores will be as high as yours.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I remember we had a real shitty case and the woman's condition was touch and go.  I went to the waiting room filled with her family and I lost it and started crying.  Her family was consoling me!  Telling me that it would alright!  WTF!  She made it and I see most of the females in her family to this day.

Wow, that speaks volumes!
If only more were like you.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Dude.  If I ever get a vagina, I'm going to you.

The coefficient of difficulty in finding a good doctor is growing exponentially.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top