Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 9:18:49 AM EDT
What kind of results do you guys get out of your 10/22's ?
What is the furthers out you can shoot 1MOA ?

My Ruger 10/22 never ceases to amaze me. Absolute tack driver.
I haven't even shot it since I picked up my first black rifle about 8 months ago.
Decided to give my "old" favorite rifle a workout. After putting up sub-MOA groups
for about an hour, I got tired of shooting paper and put up some shell casings.
At 50 yards, I was able to hit 12GA hulls, 30-06 cases, and spent 5.56 brass at will.
I put up some of the spent .22 rimfire cases and actually pegged a few of them as well, but it took 2 shots for a couple of them.

Today was cheap bulk ammo, dont even remember what it was, remington I think.
I use CCI green tag if I am seriously looking to record a group, but mostly I shoot the cheap stuff.

I have a factory trigger, polished disconnector and sear, taken down to about 2 lbs.
Compensator, Simmons 4-16x44 AO scope, Harris bipod, and the rest is factory.

Side View:

Front angle with bipod extended:

A 30-06 casing at 50 yards (optics rule!)

Best .22 I have ever owned, and in the top 5 guns I have owned
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#2]

thats my 10/22. All volquartsen... barrel, trigger group etc. The stock is a McMillan

shoots about 1/4-3/8" groups at 50 yds.

I wanna build another 10/22 at some point, super light with a carbon fiber barrel and an aimpoint or other red dot sight.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Paul wrote :

A muzzle brake on an 8 pound .22 LR

8lbs? Ha..with the bipod and scope im up to almost 12!
Actually, the main reason I put the comp on the rifle was to protect the crown.
No other real reason for it. I take this rifle camping a lot and it gets tossed around,  I didnt want the crown getting nicked up...and for $30, I got a permanent protector that I dont need to take off when I shoot, and it looks kinda cool as well!

Oh...nice setup on yours...what kind of barrel is that? The carbon fiber one?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice wood very nice gun

10/22 are fun guns, I think everyone should consider one for a SHTF hunter.
my current one has

whistlepig barrel
hogue stock
volq comp trigger 16oz
billet base and rings
burris 3-9x40 fullfeild II
claw sling
volq buffer and claw extractor
very very light, love to blast all day for under 20 spot....

I also have a savage mark II BV bolt, it a heavy bull barrel but it will shoot sub 1/2 @ 50 and MOA @ 75 It has the 2.5-10x42 tasco mil dot varmint with target turrent. I have less than 300.00
excellent shooter, I shoot sub sonics and you can barely hear the report, very stealthy

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top