Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 11:24:37 AM EDT
Went pretty good. In a town of about 16k we had about 150-175 people show. It was sponsored and organized by a local, very patriotic buisiness who supplied a sound sytem, snacks, heaters, drinks, signs, flags etc.... All we had to to do was show up in the park at the busiest intercetion in town.

We had a total of 3 anti-war people counter protest, and they only stayed half as long as we did.  At least they weren't  rude or ignorant, they just held their signs and spoke with a few of the supporters. Pretty good support overall, lots of thumbs up and honking horns. Only saw one person flip us off, to whick I just smiled and waved to with my sign and flag. One other lady, I heard, was driving down a side street that intercected  the street were we on that was losing her mind and yelling out her window at us.

They will be holding another, they hope, they had a few radio spots advertising it and send out fliers to people who visited the supporting business. I will be curious to see how it plays out on the the radio and in the paper....

S.O.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to hear about stuff like this.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I hope the lady who was Loosing her mine was able to recover it before it was Loost forever.

Woops... Beeter fix that...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top