Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 5:32:33 AM EDT
I went out to the bar with some buddies.  One of my friends didn't make it, so I called him at midnight and said I'm stopping over for a beer.  He informed me that OBL sucked his last cock, so I scooted over to watch the news.

At 1am, I said, "Fuck it, lets go to ground zero."

We hopped in my car and drove two hours over.  I parked at the first spot I could find near Wall Street and we started wandering.

Now, I haven't been to NYC since I was about 17 years old.  I don't "do" cities.  I had no idea where ground zero was.

Then we heard the singing.

While walking blindly through NYC at 3am, we heard a crowd singing the national anthem.  As I write this, I can hear the TV behind me and I can hear them showing the clip of the crowd singing... the same song that drew us right to ground zero.

We followed the singing and found the roads blocked off suddenly.  When I looked up, I could see the cranes and construction site that could only be ground zero.  We follow the singing and found ourselves swept up in a whirlwind of festive wonderment.

God bless that crowd, and God bless NYC for selling beer at 4am.  We cranked through beers and joined in the festivities for a couple hours.

It started to get light out, so we decided to throw in the towel.  I wanted to stay for the day, but my buddy had jury duty, I have to go down to Alabama, and we were #%$@ing tired as all hell.  It's all for the better... I would have ended up dropping $1000 on Louis Vuitton or some other nonsense if I stayed for the day.

Anyway, here's some pics I took.  The camera was ancient and I'm not a photographer, but I did my best!  (I was also fairly toasted)

Patriotic hottie!

Obama lookalike... He was entertaining.  No wookies present, tho.

Proud Marine joining in on the celebration

And with that, I'm going to bed!

Fuck me, I'm tired.
- BG
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Kudo's to the NYPD for getting the barriers and everything up on such short notice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:34:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.

My only thought about everyone celebrating...I wonder how many out there protested the war, waterboarding, rendition and Gitmo.

None the less, nice to see people celebrating a great moment in our history.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:37:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Some desecration of the USA flag going on....but I'll give 'em a hall pass for this instance
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:38:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Fox News interviewed that Marine earlier this morning.

Looks like you guys had fun.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:39:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some desecration of the USA flag going on....but I'll give 'em a hall pass for this instance

I'm sure there were the best of intentions at that time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:41:51 AM EDT
[#6]
That's pretty awesome!

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Awesome man!
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing obviously meant to be desecration. Good to see Americans being Americans once again.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not one to usually celebrate death. Maybe now I can forget some of the horrible things I remember
from that time. The "smell" of the pile - actually the smell south of Canal. I can toss my "red badge",
I can forget what it was like looking at armed guardsmen and police on every corner in Manhattan.
I can forget what it was like to drive down Broadway going 75 mph ALONE - not a soul anywhere.
Maybe, just maybe I can forget the 1000's of sobbing, weeping faces of people handing me "flyers"
with pictures of loved ones because I was on the "other" side of the security fence and had access
to the "pile".  Maybe I can forget the despair on rescuers faces in not being able to find anyone, sifting
through pulverized dust that used to be magnificent buildings.  Watching a property manager burst into
tears while on his rooftop with 8" of powder/dust that had computer keys and business cards, and desk
photos and calendars,and dayplanners at which time he said the last time I was up here I watched 100's
of people jump to their death......

On second thought, maybe I dont want to forget and be forever vigilant and vow never to let us get so
complacent that this would happen again. Today I do celebrate the death of a terrorist madman.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:50:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing obviously meant to be desecration. Good to see Americans being Americans once again.

Not done intentionally. But every time I see some foreign shithole country with its citizens waving their flag and have it wrapped around a 5 year old kid, taped onto the barrel of a tank, or used as a blanket for a donkey, it always bothers me the lack of respect toward their colors. Then I think maybe they dont have the same 'rules' as we do regarding our flag.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:53:52 AM EDT
[#11]
In another thread, people are saying it is suspicious that these crowds just spontaneously erupted around the country.  Almost like it was planned by the Obama Administration.  Were you part of that conspiracy?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kudo's to the NYPD for getting the barriers and everything up on such short notice.

Now you done it que conspiracy theory !
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now you done it que conspiracy theory !

Heh.

The cops did an EXCELLENT job setting things up on the fly.

They were very polite making goobers like me get in the protected area.  They also made it very clear that they didn't care that we all had open containers.

- BG

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#14]
No love for the ground zero gathering?

Thought the pics would be entertaining.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I miss impromptu trips like that.  Good on ya sir.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Were you wearing an Infidel hat?  Saw a guy on Fox news this morning down there with an Infidel hat.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#17]
im reasonably sure this is your obama lookalike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ-hPNrKdZI
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No love for the ground zero gathering?

Thought the pics would be entertaining.

Apparently you were all DNC stooges, and all the celebrations were put up jobs.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1180424
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Was that Allen West?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Was that Allen West?

News reporter... he had a lively group behind him when he was filming.

- BG

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Were you wearing an Infidel hat?  Saw a guy on Fox news this morning down there with an Infidel hat.

Negative.

I did have a "Piece now" shirt with a rifle on it.  

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:07:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm not one to usually celebrate death. Maybe now I can forget some of the horrible things I remember
from that time. The "smell" of the pile - actually the smell south of Canal. I can toss my "red badge",
I can forget what it was like looking at armed guardsmen and police on every corner in Manhattan.
I can forget what it was like to drive down Broadway going 75 mph ALONE - not a soul anywhere.
Maybe, just maybe I can forget the 1000's of sobbing, weeping faces of people handing me "flyers"
with pictures of loved ones because I was on the "other" side of the security fence and had access
to the "pile".  Maybe I can forget the despair on rescuers faces in not being able to find anyone, sifting
through pulverized dust that used to be magnificent buildings.  Watching a property manager burst into
tears while on his rooftop with 8" of powder/dust that had computer keys and business cards, and desk
photos and calendars,and dayplanners at which time he said the last time I was up here I watched 100's
of people jump to their death......

On second thought, maybe I dont want to forget and be forever vigilant and vow never to let us get so
complacent that this would happen again. Today I do celebrate the death of a terrorist madman.

I shared your quote with a few of my Liberal friends from Montana, who are the typical, "We shouldn't be celebrating the death of human being..."

Typical tree hugger pacifist crap, over someone who they have never met and over a situation their only connection to is through the TV, even though they talk down about TV...

I felt the need to give them a perspective of someone who was there, who's life was effected in a very profound and personal way.

I hope that this brings closure to you, not helped you forget, but at least helped tied up a loose end, and helped you heal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top