Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
I just got back from Vegas (Sunday night)

I flew out of KC....The only security change noted was that the military had its presence, and they checked my ID twice instead of the normal once.  The military guys were armed with 9mm however.  

When we flew back (leaving Vegas)...we had to wait in line for 45 minutes..no big deal..we flew southwest.  They are one of the largest services out of Vegas.  The military in vegas was armed with M4's with mag in well and full combat load.  I thought this was impressive.  

Funny thing (i guess)  flight going to NY was leaving at gate next to ours going to KC.  Everyone on flight to NY was getting searched again.  This is after the detector to get into the gate area.  They checked onto flight to get boarding pass..then they were wanded and had any carry on luggage hand searched...all of them.  On our flight it was like every 5th or 6th person was getting wanded or hand searched.

Just thought I would share this...

medcop

Oh...and I actually came home with money...hehehe...however, not much!
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats
Coming home with money beats not!
I take the one out of Tulsa.
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top