Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2011 8:43:05 PM EDT
I plugged the thing in and it immediately prompted me to load iTunes. I had a version of iTunes a few years ago with a 40gb iPod. I HATED both the software and hardware. Ended up selling it on eBay. Is the new version better? Tips?
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The software is constantly updated. I'm actually thinking about getting one. I don't want the phone because you can't hear shit on them. Can you put the itouch in a magpul case? Will it fit?
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate all(*) things Apple, and make sure to post something related to hipster douches in just about any thread I come across.

*The one exception is Itunes.  I like it, I use it, it does what I want especially since they stopped applying lame DRM to the AAC files.

Now, I would never buy an iPod because they suck and they're marketed to hipster douches (see above).  I use a Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox (plays AAC files) and it's leagues ahead of anything Apple produces.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any program you can use with an iPod without iTunes?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no problem at all with my Itunes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I fent. So far, I haven't put on any douchebag glasses or a fedora hat yet. It has a few cool features but not completely sold on Apple yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I hated it but Once I got used to using I tunes etc I now prefer it:-). Only thing I don't like is how much resources it uses....takes awhile to open:-(
Link Posted: 1/19/2011 11:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Same here. I've been using iTunes since 2004 and have no complaints. I have about 9,000 songs, and the layout lets me find anything quick and easily. All the artists are listed in one column, click on one, and all the songs are displayed by album.

Link Posted: 1/20/2011 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not the biggest fan of ITunes, but it does what it does fairly decently once you get use to it. And I just got a touch a couple of day ago, this thing is awesome. BTW I'm using it right now to respond to this thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Have Ipod touch (2nd Gen), Iphone 3GS and 4, and Ipad.  Got 20GB+ in music in my ITunes library, 3 dozen books, converted all my books on CD to audio books, don't know how many movies.  Only time I ever had any issues was when my desktop crashed and that was only the time it took me to figure out how to reload my library off of my external hard drive's back up file.  

Welcome to the light.
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:16:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Seems easy enough to use being fairly new to it. Not a huge fan of syncin my pod to multiple computers though since it always is rewriting my iPod so you cant swap songs between computers unless it's authorized and you purchased them in the iTunes store
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:21:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My Mom recently got an iPod. Instead of iTunes, I downloaded her a program called Media Monkey. Works great and they have a free version.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:21:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm not the biggest fan of ITunes, but it does what it does fairly decently once you get use to it. And I just got a touch a couple of day ago, this thing is awesome. BTW I'm using it right now to respond to this thread.
I'll go with this as an answer.

iTunes isn't bad...it doesn't have the best UI in my opinion, but it works well enough.

besides, if you have an iPod Touch, then you really need iTunes to get the most out of it. You can do backups, manage the apps a bit easier, manage your music easier, etc.

Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Itunes and apple suck.

I have it for my ifone 3gs (like i have a choice)
If it wasnt for the third party apps on my fone, and/or I could afford
To buy another smart phone, I would do it.

I used to hate M$ with a passion.  My experience with apple has shot
Them to #1 on my shit list they are so fucked up.

And seriously, i have to DL almost 1gb for an app to sync my phone????

Fuck apple and obama
Link Posted: 1/20/2011 3:32:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Itunes and apple suck.

I have it for my ifone 3gs (like i have a choice)
If it wasnt for the third party apps on my fone, and/or I could afford
To buy another smart phone, I would do it.

I used to hate M$ with a passion.  My experience with apple has shot
Them to #1 on my shit list they are so fucked up.

Fuck apple and obama

iTunes.  

Apple is the new M$ with all their proprietary shit, the hipsters just haven't caught on yet.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my iPhone.. but iTunes does pretty much blow. It's fine for music but everything else it does nothing impressive.

It's god awful slow. It doesn't do anything productive like being able to organize and sync address books, calendars, etc. Did I mention it's slow. I'm trying to open it right now... it's not even opening. I have to restart my computer... see ya
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My Mom recently got an iPod. Instead of iTunes, I downloaded her a program called Media Monkey. Works great and they have a free version.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/

MM > *

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#19]
<––––––––-  Loves Apple products, Glocks and chili with beans.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I love my iPhone.. but iTunes does pretty much blow. It's fine for music but everything else it does nothing impressive.

It's god awful slow. It doesn't do anything productive like being able to organize and sync address books, calendars, etc. Did I mention it's slow. I'm trying to open it right now... it's not even opening. I have to restart my computer... see ya

i have a 5 year old computer and it takes all of 15 seconds for iTunes to start up...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have a 5 year old computer and it takes all of 15 seconds for iTunes to start up...

Weird. Are you running a Dell? Maybe that's my problem. Or maybe my PC just sense my hate for it...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I could never get it to work on my HP laptop. Don't know why...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#24]

They could put an apple logo on a peice of dog shit and people would fight over it..

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

They could put an apple logo on a peice of dog shit and people would fight over it..

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Itunes sucks the puss out of a dead mans pylonidal cyst.

Why the fuck is it so hard to just put a song in it, then drag it to you MP3 player? Why does apple have to add all the extra, confusing shit to the process?

I have never run into a program that has caused me to literally want to punch my computer screen.

Fuck apple, fuck Itunes, fuck chili without beans. All of these things are made for communist hippies who enjoy the man cock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#29]
if you decide to throw it down the drive way i'll give you $40 bucks for it (before you throw it obviously, i dont want a scratched up nasty one )
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well, at least you're 1 for 3
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#31]
When I bought my daughter a gen1 ipod when the gen2 just had came out, apple wanted me to spend $20 to upgrade the gen1 firmware which added the app store functionality. Yes they wanted me to spend $20 to have the ability to buy more stuff from them.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh?  

Itunes is one of the easiest programs to use.  You import your songs from CD (or buy them from the iTunes store) and hit the "sync' button.  How is that confusing?

Yep, and 1GB, if it is that, is a "huge" download?

Guess I'm one of the oldster "douches" and have had zero problem w/ iTunes... Heck, I've probably spent more replacing 8-tracks, cassettes, CDs, etc. than my Apple stuff cost me.    Honestly, I'm pretty impressed.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#33]
If someone can't use Itunes, then I doubt they can use a cell phone.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The software is constantly updated. I'm actually thinking about getting one. I don't want the phone because you can't hear shit on them. Can you put the itouch in a magpul case? Will it fit?

No, the current generation of the iTouch is much too thin to be put into the magpul case.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, at least you're 1 for 3

Hey...25% ain't bad at all!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top