Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2013 6:32:23 PM EDT
Long story but Verizon sucks in AK. Stuck with ATT now and went with BlackBerry since it was the only full keyboard option.

How can I get my music from my Droid 4 onto my new Blackberry?

Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Easy

Return the Blackberry and get a real phone.  Its not 2005 anymore
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Put it on an SD card?
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Easy

The q10 is a pretty powerful phone....
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
You bought a BlackBerry? Voluntarily?

m
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Login to your google play account and download it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Ugh, new phone is already defective. Camera is just a black screen.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If you had an iPhone and iTunes I could help you.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Its a Blackberry

You brought this upon yourself
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought RIM went out of business
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a Blackberry

You brought this upon yourself

My God, what did you expect. There's a reason Blackberry is no longer a competitor. If it wasn't for the .gov using so many of them, Blackberry wouldn't be in business.

By the way, my iPhone 5 has a full keyboard
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Q10 user here.

I like it, and better than the iPhone.   The communication/email/messaging hub is better, the physical keyboard kicks ass for doing real work on the phone, and RIMM was not on the list of folks the NSA was getting a direct feed off of at last check.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a guy at work who loves BlackBerry and is in deep denial about how screwed they are.  He apparently invests heavily in it, because if the stock moves 3% he lets me know that "It's not too late to buy!"

Their earnings on 6/28 was a loss and the stock tanked 27% in a day
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Seriously, a blackberry?
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm hoping AT&T will let me return it and exchange for a Galaxy S4 Active. I will dearly miss a real physical keyboard but yeah, the blackberry just isn't going to cut it.
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sounds like a pretty powerful phone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm hoping AT&T will let me return it and exchange for a Galaxy S4 Active. I will dearly miss a real physical keyboard but yeah, the blackberry just isn't going to cut it.

If you can do without the physical keyboard, the S4A is a sweet phone.  I tried one.    But I send 30 to 40 emails a day when I'm between meetings and office, and I just depend on the physical keyboard too much.

Link Posted: 7/8/2013 3:42:35 AM EDT
[#17]
If you're gonna be typing a lot maybe get a blutooth keyboard?
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 3:48:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I just replaced my 8900 Curve with the S4 Active. I'll miss the keypad, but the Q10 just didn't feel right at all.

The Active is a nice little device for what it is. Only issue I'm having thus far is logging in to the ARF.com mobile site, can't get the log-in fields to open up.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 3:55:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You're not blocking the lens are you?

I stayed with BB way too long because of the keyboard, but finally went to an iphone about a year ago.
Got used to the touchscreen real quick.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I have the Z10. So far I like it, just over a month. The blackberry hub is nice, I just have to be in range of my computer network and everything is automatically backed up. Pics, docs, and music.
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Q10 user here.

I like it, and better than the iPhone.   The communication/email/messaging hub is better, the physical keyboard kicks ass for doing real work on the phone, and RIMM was not on the list of folks the NSA was getting a direct feed off of at last check.

This. Some of us deliberately use Blackberries.

And last I checked, neither Apple nor Google have their claws sunk into spying on my activities on my Blackberry (and then using it for whatever purposes they wish, including handing it over to the .gov).
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#22]
The new BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 are not the BlackBerrys everyone is used to that used to suck. It runs an entirely new operating system, and has specs that surpass the iPhone 5 and the Galaxy S3.

And last I checked, BlackBerry isn't giving your info to the .gov.

@OP If there's a way to have the music files stored on your computer, put them all in a folder and tell BlackBerry Link to copy over that folder. Or go ask at crackberry.com , it's the ar15.com of phones.

Ignore the haters. I've used BlackBerrys for a long time, and for efficient messaging they can't be beat. If you really want to get people riled up, tell them that the BlackBerry 10 OS can run any android app. 2.3 now, but with the next update that's in the works, it includes 4.2.2  
Link Posted: 7/8/2013 7:51:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I caved and paid the 35 restocking fee and went with the Galaxy S4 Active. Sure with I had a keyboard but other than that I really like it.

Imo the pinnical of phone design was the blackberry tour with the trackball.

Still have a droid 4 through verizon with a real keyboard. Im planning to use my unlimited data plan and hotspot my new att phone. Att has crazy priced data packages.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy

I had a q10 and returned it for the Samsung galaxy 4 after much much hate from arfcom
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well I caved and paid the 35 restocking fee and went with the Galaxy S4 Active. Sure with I had a keyboard but other than that I really like it.

Still have a droid 4 through verizon with a real keyboard. Im planning to use my unlimited data plan and hotspot my new att phone. Att has crazy priced data packages.
View Quote

I love my droid 4 and unlimited verizon data.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

My GF had 3 Tour's in less than 3 months, the trackball kept failing.  Like me before her, she gave up on BB and went with Android.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Go to Google Play Music
Download your music library onto your PC. Not individual songs, but your whole library using Music Manager!
Copy over to Q10 with whateve RIM has for ya to do it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Easy

Return the Blackberry and get a real phone. Its not 2005 anymore
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Easy

View Quote

First post once again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:48:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I had a q10 and returned it for the Samsung galaxy 4 after much much hate from arfcom
View Quote

I hope you had a better reason to change than Arfcom's opinion...

How do you like your Galaxy?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My GF had 3 Tour's in less than 3 months, the trackball kept failing.  Like me before her, she gave up on BB and went with Android.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The old school BlackBerries were not great phones. The Q10 and Z10 are on par with any other modern smartphone.

It's unfortunate that BlackBerry hasn't fixed their image in the eye of the public.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The old school BlackBerries were not great phones. The Q10 and Z10 are on par with any other modern smartphone.

It's unfortunate that BlackBerry hasn't fixed their image in the eye of the public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pre-track ball ones were awesome. I remember my 7250 and 7520 were awesome, and still the fastest I've ever been able to type on before Swype came out for Android.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top