Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2002 8:04:49 AM EDT
ANIMA ; they are Russian, and these guys sing like they have monsterous balls.
They are a choir. Masterful..

This is "MY GOD", Peter Tchaikovsky, from Liturgy
[url]http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:TukQem4Ql50C:www.soundclick.com/bands/anima_music.htm+Marine+Choir,+mp3&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/url]

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Trying to find some of my favorite Composers,

Aaron Copeland (Apalachian Spring, Rodeo, Fanfare for the common Man, all of his; A Truly American Composer)
Strausse (Ein Helden Leiben, thus Sprach Zarathustra)
Mendelsohn(I like his because they sound like you are at sea)

Ben
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#2]
One CD I like a lot is [url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000006OGX/qid=1025391314/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-5459054-2609602[/url].

Also, Emerson, Lake, & Palmer do some pretty interesting adaptations of classical music (Copland's "Hoedown" and "Fanfare for the Common Man", Blake's "Jerusalem", and lots of stuff by Mussorgsky, Prokofiev, among others.)

Styx did some as well - a rendition of Handel's "Messiah Chorus" with the 5 band members on vocals and Dennis DeYoung on St James' Cathedral's pipe organ, and Bach's "Little Fugue in G," again with DeYoung on the pipe organ. (He also plays the Cathedral's organ in "I'm OK" on the Pieces of Eight album.)

I like John Williams' music a lot, too (Star Wars did it to me!) and I desperately hope that I can pick up "Pops Goes the Fourth" on my TV this coming Thursday!
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Aaron Copeland's "Appalachian Spring" is one of his greatest. I'm sure everyone knows the theme, they just don't know who composed it.

In my previous life, when I was studying music theory in college, after 6 weeks of Schonberg, Webern, and Berg, I thought I was going to lose my mind. Mind you, I appreciate 12-tone Serialism as an art form, but the end result is not something you can whistle on your way to work (to say the least.)

"Appalachian Spring" was like a breath of fresh air and helped me to regain my sanity.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 3:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Appalachian Spring is a beautiful work... Aaron Copeland is awe inspiring.

Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top