Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 2:43:09 PM EST
We have been friends for over 4 years.Than I saw the news at his house regarding the AWB.He believes that without ARs and AKs,crime would go down.He also believes all Kerry propaganda.He is inot airsoft(go figure,he likes fake guns but not real guns),and he says it would be better to decrease military funding.I dont know what to do,deal with it,or just ignore him from now on.He hates Bush and thinks that we can buy full-auto AKs like hunting rifles.He knows nothing about politics and trys to push all his ideas on me.Cause nomatter what he says,is the truth(to him).This just friggin sucks.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:45:48 PM EST
Take him shooting.

If he converts, then he's got a scintilla of intelligence and is deserving of your friendship.

If he won't even go, then dump his ass.

There are better buddies out there than that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:45:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:46:01 PM EST
Theres only one way to get back at a friend for betraying you like that, you must bang his mother
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:47:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:47:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:49:50 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:51:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:
Theres only one way to get back at a friend for betraying you like that, you must bang his mother

What if the guy's 50 y/o??

Revenge comes with a cost, but its all worth it
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:51:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:51:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 2:52:07 PM EST by Airwolf]
Take him to the range first.

If after a good day shooting and getting his head flushed out of all the bullshit he's been fed he STILL doesn't get it, cut your losses and move on.

Life is too short to deal with people like that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:52:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Originally Posted By Mmanwitgun:

What if the guy's 50 y/o??

Buy a jar of K-Y, and stick in her pooper!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:55:40 PM EST
Gonzo's advice is pretty good - albeit slightly more "gentle" than TBK's - both's advice merits serious consideration, IMO...

I really doubt I could have a liberal friend, now that I think about it: it's difficult to believe I'd want to hang out with anyone who supports so many rediculous ideals - and is SO far out of touch with reality - plus, nearly all liberals have honesty issues, in my experience...

- georgestrings
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:06:28 PM EST
I also forgot a couple things.Today I brought up the russian hostage situation.I said "Them peacefull muslims.Yep,the religion of peace"He says they were not muslim.He also doesnt want to go shooting.He gets more use with his airsoft in his oppinion.He says that muslims are probably the most peacefull people on earth.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:09:10 PM EST
Your friend is an idiot I'm sorry to say. (Well, I'm not sorry at all really!)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:09:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:16:37 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:16:42 PM EST
Well, his comments show he is a certified member of the LLL (looney liberal left).

I'm afraid he's a goner.

Stay away from him.

This is JUST the type that phone in "anonymous" tips of wrongdoing about gunowners who have done nothing wrong.

Watch your ass.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:16:52 PM EST
I know he is a idiot.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:17:27 PM EST
So what did you guys talk about for four years that this didn't come up before?

Bob
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:17:33 PM EST
Nuke him until he glows.

It's the only way to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:18:10 PM EST
Lots of stuff.But this really started showing now,since the elections are coming up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:18:39 PM EST
Certain dipshit liberals arent even worth the time at the range.

They don't learn. They may change their ideas about some guns, but the rest isnt going to change.

Them on-the-fence people ought to go to the range with ya.

- BUCC(I take lots of college kids to the range)_Guy
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:22:48 PM EST
DAMN DUDE!

EVer hear of the space bar?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:24:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By TGorsk08:
I also forgot a couple things.Today I brought up the russian hostage situation.I said "Them peacefull muslims.Yep,the religion of peace"He says they were not muslim.He also doesnt want to go shooting.He gets more use with his airsoft in his oppinion.He says that muslims are probably the most peacefull people on earth.

WALK AWAY NOW!

I don't know what your history is with this person but unless we're talking REALLY GOOD LIFE-LONG friends then I don't see why you would bother to spend time with someone that is apparently this much of a fucktard.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:26:14 PM EST
+1 for beekeeper's advice.

(God, what have I done?? The Apocalypse is nigh!!)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:27:26 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 3:28:03 PM EST by the]
I'll balance it out for you.

An old friend of mine (who tries to sign people up for moveon.org bulletins) is going to find out that I'm now a "rightwing extremist gun-nut" who owns a number of fine bullet-hoses.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:27:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:
DAMN DUDE!

EVer hear of the space bar?

Sgatr15

EVer hear of turing off the caps lock?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:29:20 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:33:12 PM EST
No he is not my best friend.My best friend doesnt really care what happens in the world,as long if it doesnt effect him.So,if you guys were in this situation you guys would really just tell him to f*** off?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:41:53 PM EST
I'd happily tell him he is a mindless shitbag who is the very reason this country is going to shit, and then tell him that when he grows up and learns to think for himself, that I might start talking to him again, but until then, he can just deal without me.

Toodles, bitch!

Anyone who is so determined to NOT think for himself really wants the govt. to take care of him so that he dosn't have to take responsibility for himself and can always blame sombody else when things go wrong.

He has willingly given up the right to self determination and needs to be herded in with the rest of the sheep for his own good.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:45:21 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:52:05 PM EST

No he is not my best friend.My best friend doesnt really care what happens in the world,as long if it doesnt effect him.So,if you guys were in this situation you guys would really just tell him to f*** off?

I don't think I'd tell him to "f*** off" but I'd just tell him that you simply don't have the time or inclination to deal with someone that is so far detached from reality. People that "think" with their "feelings" are to be avoided at all costs. That kind of shit WILL come back and bite you on the ass... HARD sooner or later.

There are SIX BILLION people in the world dude! As Lightning_P38 said, do NOT suffer fools in your life!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:59:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By GonzoAR15-1:
Take him shooting.

If he converts, then he's got a scintilla of intelligence and is deserving of your friendship.

If he won't even go, then dump his ass.

There are better buddies out there than that.

+1 He's not your friend if he doesnt like guns or B.ush
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:00:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

Unfortunately yes. Something tells me to say that "he is probably still a nice guy, and you should respect his differences", but I myself don't buy it, I do not suffer idiots well.

Likewise.

I too, do not suffer fools lightly.

Life is too short to spend my time with people that don't believe I have the right to self determination just because they chose to give up their own.

Fuckem.

Good friends are hard to find, but they are worth the search. I would rather spend my time searching for the type of people who understand reality then waste my time on mindless sheep.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:01:20 PM EST
kick him in the nuts
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:05:14 PM EST
He is a rich kid.Just in case you were wondering.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:11:55 PM EST
If you and your friend are young, realize that a lot changes. Often without any warning. I would say that for the moment, you and your friend can have a lot of fun with your opposing political views. You can call each other names. If you two really are friends, the friendship should survive, and you may be there for him when he needs you (or vice versa).

But, with your friend, avoid politics for the moment. Maybe take-up the Airsoft and compete with him (friendly, of course). Someday, he may want to visit your "home turf" and try centerfire. Just let him know that you believe in safety, eye and ear protection etc. Avoid the second amendment for now -- too confrontational. You will show him that you are a shooter. The idea is to let him ASSOCIATE centerfire shooting with friendship and brotherhood. Association is a powerful tool used for persuasion. He will move to the right, but only if he thinks it was his idea. And it will be.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:34:18 PM EST
He doesnt play airsoft fairly.He always gets the better gun.Anyways,he has no interest in shooting.Unless its airsoft.None whatsoever.There would be a cold day in hell before I got him to the range.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:25:04 PM EST

He doesnt play airsoft fairly.He always gets the better gun.Anyways,he has no interest in shooting.Unless its airsoft.None whatsoever.There would be a cold day in hell before I got him to the range.

Well, yes -- he may never go to the range with you. But at least he'll associate you, a level-headed friend, with shooting. You will thereby take some of the edge off of his anti-gun stance.

If you share common acquaintances, take them to the range, if possible. This tactic will use another powerful tool: the "In Group" vs the "Out Group" (I'm getting my info from an essay on propaganda and Michael Moore, of all things!). He will soon want to be a part of the "In Group." You shouldn't ask him to go to the range, he should ask you.

As far as him always having the better Airsoft gun, you must realize that's not possible nor should it be a factor in your decisions. There's always a better gun. Just graciously let him outshoot you at Airsoft (ie., don't invest in the better gun, LOL).
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:32:33 PM EST
Don't worry about it.
But you do have a fire mission for November. Get him so trashed November 1st that he won't be able to find the polling place on November 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:54:38 PM EST
Stick it in his pooper and post pics.

Oh wait, it's a guy.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:59:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By SS109:
Don't worry about it.
But you do have a fire mission for November. Get him so trashed November 1st that he won't be able to find the polling place on November 2nd.

+1

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:15:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/7/2004 7:15:58 PM EST by bigsapper]
If he is truly your friend (however long), don't dump him until you've spent some time having some mature, reasoned discussions about your differences. Remember, you can't get back what can't be got back if you go off half-cocked.

Experience talking.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:54:14 PM EST
Well if he was just a liberal I would say try to convert him....But he's an airsofter too [JEEZ]

Ask him if he prefers blow-up dolls to real women too!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:53:36 AM EST
Why would i get him drunk on Nov.1?He cant vote.Hes 14.Again,there is no way I could get him to go shooting.Well,maybe if I had a FAMAS he would go.Thats his favorite gun.Anyways,we were taling at school today and he brought up the point that I can no longer get my M4.Argument ensues,I bring up another topic.Ta-duh!!!Argument over.Cant think of anything else to say now.Feel free to give more advise.Some of its pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:26:02 PM EST
14?!?

Here's my friends kids on their first trip to the range with me.

They shot the following:

USP 45
Wather P99 /.40S&W
Walther P22
Springfield XD-9
CZ 75BD
CZ 97B
M1A Scout
Tikka Whitetail .30-06
Mosin-Nagant M44

And had a GREAT time doing it. Your friend doesn't have a frikken clue as to what he's missing.

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:30:34 PM EST
All he cares about is his airsoft and XBOX live.Not much else.I would need a FAMAS to get him to go.
Top Top