Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/23/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
Got tired of hearing the "knowitalls" commenting on "illegal" assault weapons, machineguns, and silencers... I didn't go in-depth with the laws, but did touch on a few that I felt were important... From : "art ******" <******@****.***> To : CC : <*******@hotmail.com> Subject : You better do more research on gun laws... Date : Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:46:01 -0000 After seeing reports and comments regarding gun laws, I'm inclined to suggest you folks do a little better job researching your information before broadcasting it nationwide... Misinformation like this is the reason for the funny stares I get when I go to my local sportsmans club with my reportedly "Illegal" assault weapon, or my reportedly "illegal" machinegun and silencer... I'm a husband, and father of four girls... I'm also an educated and responsible hunter, sportsman, and gun owner... I'm very familiar with current gun laws... The '94 assault weapons "ban" only banned the NEW manufacture of certain features of an assault weapon for civilian ownership...(Flash-hiders, bayonet lugs and telescopic/folding stocks) The '68 law required ALL fully automatic machineguns and class 3 weapons in civilian hands to be registered with the BATF... The '86 law banned the new manufacture of machineguns for civilian ownership... In many states, including mine, It's still legal to own a machinegun, provided it was mfg'd prior to '86 and you pay the $200 tax to ATF (per gun)... This is also with the stipulation that you pass an intensive FBI background check, and submit fingerprint cards with mugshot photos... The whole process takes several months... The process is no different for silencers, short-barreled rifles, and/or short-barreled shotguns... Only difference is, they are still legal to manufacture for civilian ownership... And again, only certain states allow the civilian ownership of them... If the gun laws are reported ACCURATELY, my nieghbors and fellow sportsmen may be less inclined to phone my name in on some "tip-line"... Thanks for your time... ART Art ****** *** ****** ***. *******,PA ***** (***)***-****
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 10:19:12 PM EDT
[>:/][>:/][>:/] [%|] [%|] [%|] [%|] "Hi were are the dumbass media... do you understand a word Art has said?? I dont .... hmmmm lets keep reporting made up crap though" Good try Art... T hink your letter was VERY well thought out.... unfortunately, convincing a monkey of your argument would be easier.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:43:51 PM EDT
I can't believe you all still buy that "fair and balanced" bs slogan that was thought up by some marketing firm.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 11:55:03 PM EDT
OT - Art did you get the new job?
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 12:50:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:18:00 AM EDT
na its 86 or we wouldn't have M16's that were made from 1960+
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 1:41:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER: OT - Art did you get the new job?
View Quote
In a holding pattern... Made several trips South and had a start date and salary lined up... Found out a few days ago, that "A deal(team deal) fell through" and I probably won't see an opening down there until next season... The team owner has 2 winston cup teams, and 1 busch team... Apparently he is dissolving the busch team and has to move guys around the two cup teams before bringing in any outsiders...(me) This really put me in a jam... I had already started a new job here in PA and was forced to leave it (on bad terms) to pursue the Nascar deal... Now I'm back on the street with resumes in hand... Job market sux pretty bad in my area right now... Lots of layoffs from big industry have flooded the job market with people... Dana, CarTech, and Tyco are all big local companies in my town that had big layoffs... I was laid-off from Tyco Electronics back in January, and still haven't landed anything worthwhile... May have to take a job for $4-$6 an hour less just to pay the mortgage...
Top Top