Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 7:54:55 PM EDT
I just finished it today, got it Tuesday and have been reading chunks of it all week.

I thought it was a great read, and didn't want to put it down.

The only question I have is this:
Near the end, when Johnson tells the President that "There is another person now in the private sector who must face similar judgement..." and then Cindy calls Kane and he goes to a "double-wide" to see a woman with thick glasses and leaves the I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY note...who was it?

Was it supposed to be Janet Reno?
I feel like Towelie from South Park..."I have no idea what's going on."
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:01:05 PM EDT
[#1]
After the Branch Davidians were incinerated. Janet Reno publically stated to the Press: "I take Full Responsibility".

Interestingly enough...her theme during the Waco Hearings was more like the song.."It ain't me..it ain't me..."
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Ah, now I understand...I was 13 when that went down, so the magnitude of what happened and the events surrounding it were lost on me at the time.

Thanks for the explanation!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The book is 861 pages long. The author could have edited out 250 pages of stuff and the story would have been just as good.

More people would read the thing, too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just read it a few months ago and loved it.  I wonder why Reno was living in a double-wide?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just read it a few months ago and loved it.  I wonder why Reno was living in a double-wide?

Artistic license.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
After the Branch Davidians were incinerated. Janet Reno publically stated to the Press: "I take Full Responsibility".

Interestingly enough...her theme during the Waco Hearings was more like the song.."It ain't me..it ain't me..."

Yeah, she took responsibility. And what happened to her? Just like every other government official...nothing. That woman should be in jail for the rest of her life.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The book is 861 pages long. The author could have edited out 250 pages of stuff and the story would have been just as good.

More people would read the thing, too.

He put in a lot of stuff about how some recent offenses to Freedom went down and a lot of insightful speeches. It isn't strictly necessity for the story, but IMHO it's very helpful for people who are new to the philosophy of gun ownership and freedom, or who just enjoy a refresher. I appreciated it.

Also IMHO, I don't think anyone who skipped it because it was 861 pages long would have read it if it was just 611 pages long.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had a copy of the book since 94-95.. whenever it first came out.  I still haven't made it past the second chapter.  I read alot and its simply written in a style that i find to be very boring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top