Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2001 6:30:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/25/2001 7:38:14 AM EST by Ian]
My department offers a sub-gun course that some deputies are eligible to go through provided that they own an MP-5. I asked a lieutenant at the training center what I need to do to sign up and he said we'll give you a letter and you go out and buy an MP-5, then your in. Of course, I'm sure they'd keep the gun at the station, but I'm curious to see what a LEO would pay for an MP-5? Are they any cheaper than the $10k price tag I've seen on them at the gun show? Thanks! Ian Note- I may be confused about how all of this works, so no flaming please [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:38:28 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:43:36 AM EST
waaaaaaa!!![>Q][>Q][>Q] I'm having problems getting my Dept. to authorize me to get a LE/Gov't M4 and 40mm launcher...maybe I'm asking for too much?[heavy]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:09:33 AM EST
Just ask for a couple LAW's and maybe a shoulder-lauched stinger. Then maybe the M4/M203 will be reasonable, or heck, they might even authorize you to have the anti-tank and anti-aircraft weaponry(Never know when you might need it, remember that rampaging tank a few years ago!).
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:09:43 AM EST
I am sure there are some people on this board just cringing at the idea of Sheriff deputies in Oklahoma with FA MP-5's. I wish I had the talent to doctor up a video of Barney Fife shaking with his MP-5. Or maybe Andy tells him to put the 9mm magazine in his pocket. [uzi]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 7:23:16 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/25/2001 7:38:48 AM EST by Ian]
Originally Posted By Fallschirmjaegar: I am sure there are some people on this board just cringing at the idea of Sheriff deputies in Oklahoma with FA MP-5's. I wish I had the talent to doctor up a video of Barney Fife shaking with his MP-5. Or maybe Andy tells him to put the 9mm magazine in his pocket. [uzi]
View Quote
Actually, I should refrase what I said in my initial post: I don't think all deputies are eligible, just the deputies who are eligible for or are currently assigned the tac-team. I'm not quite sure I'm following what you are trying to say in your reply, but at last check we had on of the better tac-teams in the nation.. Ian
Top Top