Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2001 7:42:26 AM EDT
Out here at my wife's parents for the week in Eastern Colorado.  They have a small cattle ranch.  For fun, I bought a wounded rabbit call.  Just a little bit ago, went out into the pasture about 2 miles sat down and started blowing on this thing.  I don't have a clue what I am doing.  Was looking to the left along a draw and heard a noise, looked to the right and there is this big coyote about 40 yards just standing there looking at me.  We saw each other at the same time and he took off.  Almost dropped my bushmaster, got it up and unloaded on him, but he was running like a greyhound.  I am sorry I missed but it was a RUSH to think I called one in.  This could be addictive!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, its a lot of fun to actually bring the animals in to you. The first time I called in some coyotes I was using a yellow woodpecker call. I went with a couple of friends out on a near full moon night and we could hear them out there yelping so we started the call and hid. After a few minutes the far away yelping died out and a few minutes later, using a blue lenses spotlight, we could see about 10 of them approaching from all over the place.

Anyways, my friends got excited and ended up scaring them off, but it was fun to get them in regardless. Since then I've found that it's really pretty easy to call them in. They are really curious and will come in to just about any sound that they can hear, though some do work better than others. Try out several different calls and figure out which ones work best in your area and have fun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
lumpy

nice webpage, I enjoyed the videos
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:21:36 AM EDT
[#4]
You're in for it now..[:D] You're right about it being addictive! Give us a visit sometime at the url in my sig...we don't want to compete with this fine board, but we do have a lot of info on this very subject.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Let us know when you "harvest" one.  Hell, when you kill one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top