Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2005 5:01:58 PM EDT
ok, I love this girl, but she's Bi-Polar.

We've mutually broken up before and gotten back together (after a month)

this time she changed meds, and her chemicals in her head sorta went south, now she thinks she doesnt love me.

I convinced her to get back on her normal dose, but now she lost it...

she says she loves me but doesnt feel love.

THIS SUCKS.

so I agree'd and broke up with her.

I know bi-polar girls suck, and are crazy, but damn if she wasnt beutiful and inteligent.

Should I forget about her, and find someone else? (I know I will, but looking for the mass opinion)

Thanks
-Jason
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:03:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:03:55 PM EDT
Leave....get a newer and upgraded model.

I wouldn't want to put up with that stuff.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:04:03 PM EDT
Lay low for awhile and get over her. Take a trip or immerse yourself in something new like a hobby or volunteer for something.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:04:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:05:55 PM EDT
She has 9 girls in her family... all are HOT love to swim (oooh the bathingsuits) and are Bi-polar.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:05:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
It doesn't sound like someone you'd marry, correct? If that's the case then I'd quit while you're still ahead.

+1,000,000

There are plenty of normal, healthy woman out there. You just have to look a little more.

AKASL
LIVE FREE OR DIE
NEW HAMPSHIRE
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:06:36 PM EDT
Troll your neighborhood Circle K, I hear they are meet markets.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:07:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:07:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Schmeghead:
Troll your neighborhood Circle K, I hear they are meet markets.

I just read your post, it was daaaamn hilarous...
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:07:39 PM EDT

I've been in the break-up/get back together cycle relationship before.

(And I thank God every day that I found a good woman and married her!)

Unfortunately, the only advice I have for you is to forget this girl. The relationship is not going to turn out well, and every second you spend with her or wishing you were with her is another second you might miss out on meeting a girl you will actually be happy with.

Jim

p.s.--Be sad for a week or two and then go get laid. Somewhere nearby is some girl who just got dumped by a flakey guy, and sheis also looking to wash away the memories of a bad relationship. Find her.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:08:08 PM EDT
I'd go out to the bar tonight, get shit housed drunk and find a nice slice to play in this weekend. Worry about your feelings on Monday. Take care of your Dong tonight. That's just me though.......
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:08:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By KS_Physicist:
I've been in the break-up/get back together cycle relationship before.

(And I thank God every day that I found a good woman and married her!)

Unfortunately, the only advice I have for you is to forget this girl. The relationship is not going to turn out well, and every second you spend with her or wishing you were with her is another second you might miss out on meeting a girl you will actually be happy with.

Jim

p.s.--Be sad for a week or two and then go get laid. Somewhere nearby is some girl who just got dumped by a flakey guy, and sheis also looking to wash away the memories of a bad relationship. Find her.

woa, good advice!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:09:39 PM EDT
Hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:10:21 PM EDT
Go out and buy a gun with all the money you'll save being single!!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:11:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2005 5:13:40 PM EDT by SgtKiwi]
Jason,

I was in the same situation some years ago, and asked my Dad the same question. I will always remember his answer. He said "You have to ask yourself this question... Can you see yourself spending the rest of your life with her as things are now... Because that's what you can expect." If you answer yes to this question, then persue it. if no, then move on even though it's tough. I remember the "ups and downs" for no reason and it started to mess me up in the head too. I don't think any of us can tell you what to do, but from the sound of your post, you already know what you need to do.

BTW: I moved on and am happily married now. Looking back, I don't know why i stayed as long as I did.

ETA: I adopted a rottweiller from an arfcom couple (BeerSlayer and Mona) after that split. it was very therapeutic (sp?).
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:12:34 PM EDT
Do what I'm doing to get over Trillian. Sulk.

It'll pass. It sucks, but it'll pass......
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:14:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2005 5:14:26 PM EDT by rayra]

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
It doesn't sound like someone you'd marry, correct? If that's the case then I'd quit while you're still ahead ALIVE.

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:14:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:16:22 PM EDT
Lots of good advice here Noner

Friday night, hit the town.
No use sitting around the house alone,
crying in your beer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:17:07 PM EDT
Hookers and Blow.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:17:47 PM EDT
Go get drunk and find a new bitch. It's FRIIIIII-DAY Mother fucker!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:18:03 PM EDT
9 hot chicks!! All bi-polar....hmm...sounds like a job for the etherbunny

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:18:19 PM EDT
It may hurt in the short term my friend, but you'll probably be better off in the long run just moving on. This girl needs to get some help, and in the meantime your heart might get stepped on if you choose to try to make it work. . At the end of the day, you need to consider whether the girl is worth the trouble, regardless of what anyone here might think or suggest. Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:18:29 PM EDT
Move on.

GF of 4 1/2 years and probably the most compatible person I'll ever meet in my life decided that she "just needed to make it on her own". Add to that almost everything we planned to do when we started out doesn't interest her anymore (but still does me).

I still love her to death and we're still really good friends but as the saying goes "It takes two to tango" and you can't force someone to dance if they don't want to.

Move on.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:18:56 PM EDT
Do what a shepard would do.....get the flock away!
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:21:38 PM EDT
a) post pictures so the late night drinking crew can give you an objective opinon. They can tell a lot by looking at a picture, within an hour you'll have a complete psycholgical profile. Best if you have shots from different angles, of course. I'm not gifted in photoanalysis, but I'll have a look anyway

b) realize that the challenges may have been their own attraction. There's a lot to be said for instead being in a relationship whereyou're actually thinking that you're lucky to have "her", instead of thinking that she's lucky to have you

c) normal girls can be just as hot, but smart is a world of difference. If she was smart, high probability that no woman less than equally smart will satisfy you in the future. Keep that in mind. They're out there, but you've now entered the world of multivariate analysis when looking for dates who may turn into more.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:25:08 PM EDT
With nine girls in the family, at least one of them must be up for a grudge-f***.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:25:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kharn:
With nine girls in the family, at least one of them must be up for a grudge-f***.

Kharn

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
move on.

Bipolar and female is a deadly combination.

Seriously deadly.

And you do not love her, you are infatuated with her.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:27:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Noner:
She has 9 girls in her family... all are HOT love to swim (oooh the bathingsuits) and are Bi-polar.

Wait a minute...are you saying all 9 sistesrs are bipolar?

Something seriously wrong in that family.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:28:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:28:44 PM EDT

ok, I love this girl, but she's Bi-Polar.

We've mutually broken up before and gotten back together (after a month)

this time she changed meds, and her chemicals in her head sorta went south, now she thinks she doesnt love me.

I convinced her to get back on her normal dose, but now she lost it...

she says she loves me but doesnt feel love.

THIS SUCKS.

so I agree'd and broke up with her.

I know bi-polar girls suck, and are crazy, but damn if she wasnt beutiful and inteligent.

Should I forget about her, and find someone else? (I know I will, but looking for the mass opinion)

Thanks
-Jason

I dated a girl just like this. Bipolar and looked just like Amy Lee from Evanescence, but was too messed up as far as her feelings. I had to leave her, her emotional swings were too difficult. My experience is that people with bipolar disorder are best avoided, and their meds really don't work. Definitely dater beware. Find yourself a normal g/f or stay single. I personally am doing the latter because I can't find any girls who are worth my time in my area.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:31:36 PM EDT
One of my wife's best friends is by- polar. She's a really good person until she starts drinking.
Sometimes I love the shit out of her, sometimes I want to rip her head off and shit down her neck.
I thank god she doesn't live hear anymore( more bad times than good). I hope all by-polar people
are not like her. Hell, I'm getting an uneasy feeling in the pit of my gut just thinking about her.
Her kids are worse. RUN MAN RUN.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:32:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/8/2005 5:33:09 PM EDT by SgtKiwi]

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

Sgat1r5

since the internet is anonymous and all, I'll ask.... Were they all sexually abused?

ETA: Not in any way trying to start something, but I've noticed this in my past with Bi-Polar chicks.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:35:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:

Were they all sexually abused?.

That's EGGS ACT LY what I was thinking.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:37:19 PM EDT
If so someone needs to be shot.

Originally Posted By SgtKiwi:

Were they all sexually abused?.

That's EGGS ACT LY what I was thinking.

Sgat1r5

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:40:09 PM EDT
My wife's friend was sexually abused by her mother.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:40:41 PM EDT
How old are you? Younger? If so, you will be fine. You will be fine if you are older too, but especially fine if you are younger. It sucks now, but it will get better and you WILL find someone who is everything you want and not half-loopy. You will be btter off. You will be sad and miss her and maybe even think about her for quite some time. But yoou want and what you will find wht you want and what you need.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:40:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bigscrun:
I'd go out to the bar tonight, get shit housed drunk and find a nice slice to play in this weekend. Worry about your feelings on Monday. Take care of your Dong tonight. That's just me though.......

As a fellow who also respects the needs of his penis, I endorse this advice 100%.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:45:18 PM EDT
Forget her. I fell for one once and am glad I got away.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 5:59:13 PM EDT

just my .02$, but one day you will look back and say..." damn I was lucky to get out of that relationship"

been there, dealt with "bi-polar disorder", and it ain't a pretty sight... 7 years of it to be exact. Then she decides to sleep with my so called friend.

I know how stressful it can be, believe me.

Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
When bi-polar women hit the up part of the disease they become very horny and not picky at all. If you're with one expect to get your heart broken, often.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:14:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By davis9588:

just my .02$, but one day you will look back and say..." damn I was lucky to get out of that relationship"

That is the most truthful statement I've seen in this thread. It is definately easier to see when it is in hindsight though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:24:38 PM EDT
ok what exactly IS bi-polar?
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:26:00 PM EDT
Run Forest Run

After you meet someone else whos not messed up you'll thank her for leaving you.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:26:19 PM EDT
It's a trick. Get an axe.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:26:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By WolfAR15:
ok what exactly IS bi-polar?

"I love you. I HATE YOU! I love you. I HATE YOU!"

My advice? Move on and find a chick who's a lot more stable. Believe it or not, they actually are out there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:27:41 PM EDT

bad mommy and daddy.... in some fashion or another.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:27:57 PM EDT
Hope for better days.
Link Posted: 7/8/2005 6:29:55 PM EDT

Sgat1r5

Family tree is just a trunk.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top